Halloween Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Howler - Exclusively at Spirit Halloween this season

Check this new prop out. Watch the entire video for movement. Does this prop remind you of another good prop from previous seasons?

There doesn't have to be a full moon in the sky for this furry prop to howl. The Howler is a sound & motion activated prop that rises up, throws his head back—snout facing the stars—and howls at the moon. It's the perfect prop to guard the house, or spook visitors.
Bring this howling pet home for only $129.99.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, it's Demonica with a different prop attached to it. Already have (and prefer) the original, but probably not a bad pickup for someone with a woods/werewolf theme. Not sure why he would be climbing out of the ground, though...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Boy that's a lot of different movement in one package. I wish I could figure out how to do it on my own so I can customize the sound and movement.

How durable does Demonica seem to be?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Boy that's a lot of different movement in one package. I wish I could figure out how to do it on my own so I can customize the sound and movement.

How durable does Demonica seem to be?
Mechanically, Demonica holds up OK (even outdoors), but she sucks up four AA batteries VERY quickly. The last two years, I've loaded her with a fresh set about a half-hour before TOT on Halloween night. As she's triggered again and again over the course of a few hours, the rising/falling motion weakens noticably. By the end of the night, she's not even rising or turning her head anymore -- she's just lighting up and making sound. It's just a lot of drastic motion, and the cycle is pretty long, so it gasses out quickly.

However, my Demonica is from two seasons ago, and I know she was re-released with a somewhat redone configuration last year. Not sure if this issue was resolved in that redesign.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
DARN!!! There's so many cool props to choose from! So far I want Death Row and Chained to the Grave. This is another cool one. I wish I had more money. ( doesn't everyone? Lol)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Well, tekky makes me kinda scratch my head a bit now. So far they've been busy reinventing their own wheel with a number of props, including this one. This is demonica, only in a wolf. They also have damien this year too, yet another demonica. These three all have the same movement. Then there's the electric chair guy who has the same movement as the serial killer, thrashing zombie, and thrashing mummy. They did a little bit of an update to the tombstone lifter, but essencially the same type of prop. They are incorporating mouth movement now which is great, no doubt. That's a step in the right direction. But when they released rosemary last year, a very advanced animatronic, I thought they were really going to dazzle this year. I know that not all of their props have come out yet, but I sure hope there is one or two show stoppers, rather than older modules re-costumed. Once you have one of these, such a demonica, it's kinda hard to spend the bucks on more props with the same exact movement. I'm hoping for more- there's 12 new ones this season. Somewhere around 8 more are due out. Come on tekky, WOW us!

·
Spooky Express
729 Posts
Wow, this looks like a great prop! Even though he has very similar movements to Demonica, I like him a lot better; The mouth movement makes him look much more realistic. The head looks a little small on his body to me, but that is the only downside to him. :eek: I've always enjoyed werewolves, so I'm glad Spirit is making quite a few werewolf props this year. :D Hopefully my prediction will be right and one of their themes this year will have to do with werewolves.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Me likee!!! We have a little wooded trail in our backyard and this guy will be PERFECT for our level of haunt set-up. Maybe someday our brains will be implanted with techno-skills, but for now - we must rely upon our Spirit friends to help make our haunt more animated....

·
Registered
14,440 Posts
I have to agree with HalloSusieBoo in that for non-prop skilled haunters (and there's alot of us out there) having a prop that complements your setting can really help make your theme pop. I'm not a big fan of this guy (like Demonica better for the movement) but it works and the sound track with the stretching motion and cracking bones does work for me. If I were designing a werewolf prop I personally would have liked a lunging or jumping motion better but not everyone goes for scares depending on the kids in the neighborhood.

I do think this guy would look great with a full moon prop (maybe Uncle Miltons phases of the Moon toy/prop) behind him in a setting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts