Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know that I recently built a funeral coach and had started working on the horse. I have decided to continue the horse updates on a seperate thread. Here is what has taken place so far:

I started with a picture of a horse which I printed out on a transparency and placed on an overhead projector. I traced out the image on a piece of 3/4" pressure treated plywood and cut that out. I then hung the cut out from the ceiling of my workshop and the approx. height of a horse.

After that, I added supports so I could add pieces of plywood to help build out the side of the horse to the approx width of the horse.

I then added the plywood side pieces and some legs and built out the area around his head.

Then was the chicken wire. I ended up having to add shoulders to the horse and more support arount the nose area but I think it looks like a horse! I am planning on starting the monster mud process next weekend.

I also added PVC tubes on the front and back half of the horse to allow me to slide 3/4" pipes through the horse to allow 4 people to carry the horse easily.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also received a call last week from my mother in law that she found someone who would give me the harness to attach the horse to the coach.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
That is incredible. I wouldn't even poder such a build. It looks fantastic so far. Please keep the pics coming - can't wait to see how it turns out.

And good thinking, putting in the PVC to make it easier to carry.

·
6,359 Posts
Please pass on the new "Horse Build" thread when you have it -- I'd really like to follow this build.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tk, this is it. I dont get much more detailed then what I have here. I do good to take the pictures I take. If you want any more details or I have not included something please feel free to ask....

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, but we all know the devil is in the details. I am not looking forward to the nose, eyes, main and tail. Oh, and those horse feet! One step at a time.......
It already looks more like a horse then I ever though it would.

·
6,359 Posts
You might want to try a taxidermist for some of the details. Nose, Eyes, teeth, tongue, ears, etc. There are a lot of online suppliers, or you migh tbe able to find someone local.

·
6,359 Posts
How are you going to simulate the hair?

Sorry to pester, just very curious. mever seen this done before!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Yes, but we all know the devil is in the details. I am not looking forward to the nose, eyes, main and tail.
Have you thought about having a cloak over the horse's head? Then all you would need is eyes--the nose and mane would be covered so just a basic shape would do.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Awesome job once again Homestead....

have ya thought about stuffing a small fog machine in there so you can have the horse snorting out it's nose?

1 - 20 of 163 Posts