Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The direct link to 2008!

I just dumped them on Photobucket and then went back and labeled some. The camera was on Flash-No Flash setting for awhile so there are doubles, but I left it as it showed the scenes in the ambiance and then a clear picture.

Please do enjoy and leave feedback here and/or there!
Thanks!
Val

Halloween 2008 pictures by Baricuda - Photobucket

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS!
We do have a huge back yard!
It is daunting trying to decide how to set it up. I think of new layouts then go back to my "tried and true" design.
The yard is 120' x almost 40' and I would really like to have the ToT's come in on the left, zigzag the path or do a maze in the open area and then have them exit on the right after passing the graveyard.
And I had so much more that I could've put out, I just was not feeling it last year and kind of ran out of time.
So we are reworking our plans for this year for home and a possible site with our friends at Disney and then in 2010 hopefully add a maze.

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If we do the Ft. Wilderness haunted campsite at Disney this year with our friends, I am going to just set up the front yard for this year.
I have done that a couple of times, check out the pics from 2007, and use whatever props we don't take to Disney. Hopefully one of the kids will be able to be home to watch the house and hand out the candy to the ToT's.

My head is spinning with thoughts of Halloween in October, our daughter's wedding in December and our oldest son's graduation from FullSail University in July!
^S^
Val

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Holy spongebob squarepants. That haunt is freaking amazing. It looks so simple yet so scary and very intercltley detailed. Super super job. Can't wait to 2009's resaults. :)

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
holy moly, that is much larger than the past. very impressive indeed. i see one of us had tomato cage monsters. i loved a lot of your haunt but the spider webbing was the coolest, and then the witches. i printed off one of you for my forum photo album. it was a must have

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy spongebob squarepants. That haunt is freaking amazing. It looks so simple yet so scary and very intricately detailed. Super super job. Can't wait to 2009's results. :)
Geez!
Thanks!
Thank you ever so much.
I see all the cool stuff people do and make and just feel like mine is so mediocre in comparison.
You guys make me feel so good!
:D

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
holy moly, that is much larger than the past. very impressive indeed. i see one of us had tomato cage monsters. i loved a lot of your haunt but the spider webbing was the coolest, and then the witches. i printed off one of you for my forum photo album. it was a must have
The stretch web? Had a lot of fun stretching that around, and it really helps direct people in the way to go. I would like to make a tunnel of it again at the entrance fence, probably will next year, such a great effect and scares the kiddies!
heheheh

I actually could've made probably twice as many tomato cage monsters, just ran out of time. Had masks, clothes, gloves, was just kinda in the frantic yet meh mode. That is another thing for next year, a TCM gauntlet funneling them toward the graveyard.

I thought the table for the witches came out great. Been playing around with the notion for awhile but never tried it. I have some other thoughts for them, too, just waiting for the essence of my ideas to formulate into something actually doable.

I get overwhelmed at the expanse of space I have to use and trying to make vignettes that make sense but yet also have a flow and purpose. So some years my scenes are what they are and then some years they actually work one to the next to the next. If I do a theme (this year was vampires for the party so the inside of the house was in that mode) then that will be a big section of the yard. This past year was skeletons, last 2 before that was pirates, then before that a couple years of witches.
:D
This October is still up in the air because of the Disney thing, but am considering spiders for 2010's yard. Had a blast with the vampire theme for the party so want to do that again this year (again if I have it, all things considered, like cost of party, cost of Disney for the week, and costs for daughter's wedding! LOL!) I had bats hanging from the ceiling and all kinds of stuff!
Val

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
the tcm are so cool. i gotta get mine done this year. i like your idea of the tunneling effect with the webbing directing the kids. thanks for the posts ish.

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make sure you get good tomato cages. I like the ones from Home Depot or Lowes as they have longer prongs and are quite sturdy. Not only are the TC's from Big Lots with shorter prongs, they are also much flimsier and have doubled in price.
We bought some for our (believe it or not ;) ) tomatoes and one of the prongs broke right off when I went to position it. I have our plants in pots and the shorter prongs are ideal for that but the welding sites are terribly fragile and that is where it broke.

·
Reaper Queen
8,570 Posts
great haunt, Ish, I am jealous of all your space! I do such smaller spaces with the campsites, and even at home, I actyually have a good back yard to have a haunted path circlular thru it, some day I would love it. but not a reality right now, of course we don't get amyone here really so it probably wouldn't be worth it, well,. down the road....

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
thanks for the tip ish. i use to have a garden so i have plenty of tomato cages and they do have the long prongs. i even picked up some free from a garage sale one time but i don't remember if they are long or short pronged. i can have lots of those cute little guys hanging around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts