Halloween Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you all for your kind comments. Hallorenescene...I don't keep the statues outside during the year. They go into the unfinished part of my basement with all the rest of my halloween stuff. Much to wife's dismay I have used up all our storage space. :D.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Stunning large angel statue. The setup in general is excellent, though.
Very nice! Love the realism in the set up. Definitely shows some serious thought!

Question: Is the Large Angel holding the bowl a garden type of statue that you adapted to a gravestone?

I purchased some much smaller garden statuaries out of season in order to do something similar, but I have never seen anything close to her size without breaking the bank (by the way, the concrete wrap and her pedestal are very well done!)

·
Registered
454 Posts
very very cool my friend

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for the all kind comments. Spiney99...Thank you for your post. The angel statue was from Garden Ridge. They carried it a few years ago. I got it on clearance for a pretty good price. I modeled the gravestone on one from Highgate Cemetery. The link to a pic of the Highgate gravestone is below.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/321374123379472006/

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well you nailed it. Great job.
This leads me to another question.. how long do you leave everything up? With that type of quality in your yard, I'd be looking out the window often! I started using a projector outdoors, so most of my set up was same day..wondering if you have any suggestions for security etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh my god! That shrouded in figure in the first picture is amazing. It has such an authentic ethereal look. How did you do it might I ask?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Goundy ....thank you for your post. For the shrouded ghost child, I used a girl mannequin as the base. I painted it white and put a simple white gown on it. I then added cheese cloth. The final layers were white tulle. The tulle really gave it the ethereal look. I then put a blue kaleidoscope LED light on it to provide color and some sense of movement. I hope that answers your question.

Happy Haunting

·
Registered
302 Posts
Elegant haunt. Stunning, thanks for sharing. I am excited to see that someone who lives in such a gorgeous home would decorate so much. Do your neighbors like your display? I would love such a display close in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Booswife, Countess No and Printersdevil, thank you for your kind comments. Countess No....my neighbors have been very supportive of my haunt. Halloween is a big deal in Atlanta and everyone seems to get into the spirit in my neighborhood. Last year I had a little girl of around 6 come up to me and thank me for doing my haunt and thanked me for my Halloween spirit. It made all the hard work worth it. :)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts