Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I managed to get my haunted mansion up in between rain drops this weekend, its not finished yet due to rain and need some more stuff. But thought I'd wet your appetites a little. This year Ive re-done the roof, and Ive added a porch. Its gonna get a white wash paint still (once it stops raining here!). Will post updated pics as soon as I can... but enjoy the haunted mansion!

The 2009 Haunted Mansion...

This is how it looked last year...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah it rained in socal last nite too, how do you go about dealing with the weather when building your haunted mansion (i.e. weather proofing?)
Well, first off... the original mansion was built for almost free using old fencing (that was already weathered and is pressure treated) so it withstands everything just fine. In fact I left it out for Christmas last year and fixed it up to look all cute and christmasy... Plus, the nastier it gets the better for the look! Highly recommend old fencing... I went out on craigslist to find someone giving it away for free! Course Im in Texas, so thats easy to find out here!

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
OMG! That is just so cute! It's like a model!

I really like the attention to detail. The siding looks great and the boarded up windows are a real nice touch!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Talk about getting into the spirit! "Pumpkin Ale". Nice touch!!!
Keep up the great work!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts