Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm only 10 months behind on getting the photos online, but I figure that is better than never! I'm still updating my website as well as editing some more photos, so I will post them in here throughout the week. Enjoy!

PROLOGUE:
It was of great pleasure to host this years festivities on the bayou. Illuminated by jack o’ lanterns and fireflies and accompanied by the sound of jazz as it echoed through the Spanish moss.

Once inside the Manor, guests, dressed as monsters, Victorian ghosts and witches, were greeted to a New Orleans feast which included gumbo, salad and beignets. A jazz band, named Captain Jeffery's Musical Chumbuckets, took stage and guests began to dance in the Great Hall under dozens of swamp-colored paper lanterns which floated down from the high-vaulted ceilings.

To settle down, one was able to visit the bar and enjoy our many
specially crafted cocktails, including a Dark & Stormy as well as a Bayou Julep, and relax in the study. Guests who wandered elsewhere were sure never to be found again.

After the party, everyone was released into the night with a black box, wrapped with black satin ribbon and filled with candy.

www.LoveManor.com - www.Twitter.com/LoveManor - www.Facebook.com/LoveManor

Click on images for larger HIRES versions in various sizes.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some event photographs that an online magazine took. I loathe flash and the flaws it shows in the decor, but I can live with that!

·
spookiness in the suburbs
905 Posts
Just amazing, JohnnyL! The decorations, the photography, everything! Did you make the silhouette portraits with the skulls "hidden" in them? They are so cool, and would be perfect in my haunted Victorian parlor (next year, of course!).

Better late than never, for sure!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow, those are great! Everything is so elegant and spooky. And the guests seem to be having a ton of fun. I'm officially jealous!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Absolutely GORGEOUS! Looks like everyone had a fantastic time. Thanks so much for sharing. What's the plan for this year?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much!

Gothikim - I do want to eventually start selling some artwork in an ETSY shop... Just once I get the time! We did create those pieces. The skull is actually UV paint!

HexMe - Going on a road trip early October, then coming back and seeing what other people do for Halloween, hah.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I so love your photography and scene settings everytime I see it on the web. Just stunning. Everything so elegantly posed for the camera. What a fun looking party in such a beautiful house. Looks like a great bunch of party guests enjoying themselves too. Thanks so much for sharing your photos.

I have to ask, how did you do the little sets of eyes in the vent? Really spooky look.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Ghost of Spookie! I'm very OCD so I think that contributes to the photo quality, hah. As for the eyes in the vents, they were done by poking small holes in film containers and putting LED's inside. I had these throughout a few vents and only a few people who took time to look around discovered them, which I think is perfect. Same with the fireflies in the bayou, you really had to be paying attention.

·
Registered
239 Posts
JohnnyL, I LOVE your pictures. The details are amazing. I would love to be able to set up a party in such a way. And the little black boxes with bows are a perfect ending to the night, beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
Thanks Ghost of Spookie! I'm very OCD so I think that contributes to the photo quality, hah. As for the eyes in the vents, they were done by poking small holes in film containers and putting LED's inside. I had these throughout a few vents and only a few people who took time to look around discovered them, which I think is perfect. Same with the fireflies in the bayou, you really had to be paying attention.
Thank you for that information! Oh man, I think that picture is my favorite-I too, was wondering how you did it. Gorgeous, Johnny! I would love to get lost in the Manor for a day.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts