Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Vera was brought out after it all. Hopefully my wife has more party pics.

IMO, this is as close to perfect as I've ever managed.

The definitive Father pic...

The 'boring' bales of straw did exactly what I wanted: broke up the tendency for kids to make a solid line of pumpkins.

The skull stacks were a last minute inspiration from Pirates of the Caribbean 2...

2015 fence.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Love it! The jack o lanterns are awesome!

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our goal is "100" pumpkins each year. But, I keep around 130 in September, and figure on some rotting. This year's final number ended up at 129, because I generally don't count tiny pumpkins (like the one getting eaten above) and a couple neighbors brought some to leave behind this year.

If you mean ME, specifically, my total carving this year will be at 8. The 6 on the fence, and two for my in-laws grave.

We had a lot of "virgins", new to the neighborhood/party this year, and it was interesting to see the adults turn into little kids again.

I DID, however, CLEAN about 100 of those pumpkins. Had 2 people cutting lids while I scooped, and was able to keep up with the both of them.

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting around to my wife's phone finally.

(I got the ideas for this tower from Pirates of the Caribbean 2 early the morning before our party and just threw a couple together)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Z-kqttGzhmI/VjbkkEUtdOI/AAAAAAAAfNI/MAKV7WMmPbI/s800-Ic42/IMG_8238.JPG[/imgg]

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZzxznuhfcBI/Vjbk5eJHT3I/AAAAAAAAfNo/CjjI615AEVg/s800-Ic42/IMG_8242.JPG

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
It looks fantastic! I love the spooky, eerie feel you create! The pathway, the general autumn feel but with a creepy twist - it comes together so well and the overall look is just wonderful! I've enjoyed watching your Mother & Father props come together this year. Thanks for sharing your process and great job! :cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nothing like glowing Jack o lanterns lite in the dark night. On of my favorite things. Excellent, thanks for sharing pics.

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Wow! That's an amazing array of pumpkins~love how they were all displayed(the hay bale idea was spot on)!
Wish I could find corn stalk bundles here...they really lend to the ambiance of your walk-through. A great, just spooky
enough for kids haunt!!!

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
You can just know all of those kids had a fantastic time at your place carving pumpkins and then seeing them in their special spots within your yard haunt! The pics are beautiful as always!

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow! That's an amazing array of pumpkins~love how they were all displayed(the hay bale idea was spot on)!
Wish I could find corn stalk bundles here...they really lend to the ambiance of your walk-through. A great, just spooky
enough for kids haunt!!!
Those aint cornstalks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts