Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Scaring kids everywhere!
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I decided to be "wild and crazy" and do a more classically Halloween inspired theme. It's been a while since I'd done a more tradititional haunt and figured it was time for me to revisit many of iconic images that began my love affair with Halloween so many years ago.

I need to thank several friends for their ideas, help, and inspiration:

Bethene for her wonderful FCG rig, Copchick's classic black and white DVD's,
Dave in the Grave who made the spectacular moving eye mech,
Evil Bob who helped me with my hearse and Obsessedwithit who's hearse influenced many of my choices, Hilda who originally created the cool bone taxidermy that I copied, Pumpkin 5 who designed the spectacular coffin invitations for a party she did a few years ago, and lastly Theundeadofnight who's stained glass windows made me so crazy that I just had to make some for my very own.

I have way too many pics to post, so here is a link to my photobucket album.
Thanks for looking.

http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/lsinicropi/library/Phantom Manor?sort=6&page=1

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
WOW!! Just WOW!!

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
Halloween Lady everything looks cool and creepy! The hearse came out phenomenal, so did the stained glass windows. Love, love, love everything. Fantastic job!

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:) Laura, every year you just surpass yourself. You just get better, and better, and better. Unbelievable haunt this year, it really is. :D I love everything about your décor, the webbing, the spiders, the moss, the lighting and the graveyard actually looks like a real graveyard! The stained glass panels are amazing and I'd love to know where you acquired those. Kudos to you on the whole event, it is a feast for the senses for sure! Thank you for sharing your unique style and talent, it is awesome!;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wow - first rate!
Beautiful house to start with.
Interior and exterior changes are pitch perfect for such a refined home, you have an exceptional eye!
That entry tower really transforms the whole facade!
The stained glass and adornments revamps the interior so effectively without having to "distress".
Would love to know more about that bulging door.

If I may ask:
Exorcist room - one of the interior rooms of the house?!
That was a guest bathroom, right?:rolleyes:

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Always amazing. Although that hearse is a work of art in itself, the stained glass windows are stunning. I love how everything fits with your home. Superb!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Wow, that was a fun tour! I really enjoyed it. You have a fantastic eye for detail.

I'd like to add that I appreciate your posting pictures from both at night and in daylight. Sometimes people post heavily-edited pictures that are lovely and artistic, but that don't give a very realistic idea of how things look. With *real* day and night pictures we get an idea both of what you did, and how things looked for your guests. Your photo coverage, like your setup, was very nicely done!

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I have been lurking and waiting for this! I am a big fan of your party themes.
This is incredible once again!! Oh my goodness!!!!!! You took on some really heavy duty projects. WOW.
I honestly cannot single out what I love the most. Classic old Halloween like this is my FAVORITE type of theme.
You rocked it. I mean... you SERIOUSLY rocked this.
Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us.

Now... let the pinning begin!! ;) hahahaha Inspiration! :D

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,791 Posts
A Southern Lady of sophistication and class has a nasty dark side which shows but once a year and I Love it once AGAIN!!! Did you make or purchase the skull chandelier? If you made it, I want tips please...

·
Scaring kids everywhere!
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you very much for the kind words and comments from all of you!!! If I can better answer any questions, please let me know. :)

Wow - first rate!
Beautiful house to start with.
Interior and exterior changes are pitch perfect for such a refined home, you have an exceptional eye!
That entry tower really transforms the whole facade!
The stained glass and adornments revamps the interior so effectively without having to "distress".
Would love to know more about that bulging door.

If I may ask:
Exorcist room - one of the interior rooms of the house?!
That was a guest bathroom, right?:rolleyes:
The exorcist is sort of a room in my house. I have to clear out all of the furniture from the main room and I hide it in a room that has a large double door opening. So to hide the stuff, I make a smaller "fake room" with a scene. Behind it is the rest of the room with all my hidden furniture.
Message me if I can help you with any bulging door specifics.

i love it all outstanding ever year it gets better and better :)
the stain glass are so cool well its all cool

did you make the hurse and from wood or foam?
Thanks Angie. The hearse is wood. :)

A Southern Lady of sophistication and class has a nasty dark side which shows but once a year and I Love it once AGAIN!!! Did you make or purchase the skull chandelier? If you made it, I want tips please...
Yes I made the chandelier.

What a wonderful display. So many details. Very impressive! Was that a Watchman I saw in there? ;)
Yep it is indeed a watchman! :D

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,218 Posts
The bulging door and stained glass were my faves. Even with "classic" halloween, your decor is amazing. Does anyone help you with all this??? It looks like every inch of your home is decorated, and it looks like a pretty large home!!
Beautiful and classic spookiness. Perfect !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts