Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A number of animals have a cherished place in the Halloween arena.
Each is wrought with symbolism and meaning.

Sometimes this gives the poor beastie an undeserved reputation. However, that sort of thing is dying off these days, as more people are becoming aware of just how beneficial and neat these creatures can be.

You may like them all, but I'd wager you have an especially soft spot for one of them.
Which one is it?

(Multiple Choice is Allowed).

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,608 Posts
Have to go with the owl. I remember as a child putting up the Beistle paper cutout decorations at our home, and my favorite was always the large owl. I've somehow since associated them with Halloween.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Bats and spiders are my favorites and it was hard to choose between the two, but spiders won out. I love spiderwebs and have a collection of real spiderwebs collected under glass, on wood, on slate. I think they're gorgeous and I'm always in awe when I find outside.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I love rats! Growing up I always wanted pet rats, but my mom hates them. One of the first things I did when I moved out was get some rats lol! They are great pets, I've never not had rats since my first three. :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
I love cats and owls and ravens and crows, but I have a particular fondness for bats. The tumblr I started for my Etsy shop (whose logo mascot is a bat) has turned almost completely into me reblogging bat gifs. [linky]

·
Registered
410 Posts
Worms, lizards and snakes, oh my! They must be SOMEBODY'S favorite!? :eek:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
easy....cats, bats, rats.................in that order...then spiders..........only plastic spiders though...frogs pull up next only 'live' one i want around are cats, i have a few. lol

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Well, the only things on the list I HAVEN'T had as a pet is the Owl and bat.

Pet. Giant. Water. Bug.

Just sayin. FUN.

(they fly, so keep the lid SECURE, and take logical precautions when cleaning the tank)

(voted raven/crow since I don't happen to associate bugs with Halloween.

·
Registered
720 Posts
That Giant Water Bug looks gnarly :D

I've had a snake, a few lizards, and both mice and rats in the past. I currently have a frog and a tarantula. (I also have a newt, but that wasn't on the list)

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
IRL I rescue rats from shelters, private individuals, and occasionally labs. 364 days a year I work hard to educate people on how smart, social, slean, loving they are. The 365th day I happily gorge my display with every scary, mean, evil, dirty stereotype I can find :)

In other words, you get three guesses what I chose :)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
"Mister Tuxedo"-Spookhouse cat , was a living mascot of Ravens Grin for many years and was featured in our advertising , and bumper stickers.
The one, actual possibly "supernatural" creature on the list is the Raven. I named my haunt" Ravens Grin" long before I came to believe this previous statement.
The actual "raven" represented via my artwork and sculpture is actually a Pterodactyl !
I have written about the "Raven" thing before on here,probably more than just once or twice,it was brought up again this afternoon as I was speaking to three people in town to pursue knowledge in their fields of work, they came here to study at The Campbell Center,museum courses of various kinds.
Many years ago I was just wandering around in the old,downtown graveyard in Tallahassee, Florida as my new Wife was cleaning broken, vandalized gravestones so they could be repaired.
A big black bird swooped down,smacking her in the back of her head, knocking her face-down in the grass!
A few minutes later a strange man who wandered around in that graveyard arrived upon this scene and asked some simple questions of my wife.
"what time was it that the bird hit you? Which way had he been coming from? Which direction did he leave ?"
She answered the best that she could.
He stood there scratching his beard in thought,then he told her:"Someone close to you is going to Die, soon.'
Then he looked at me, the new Husband and said:"You should be drinking Willow tea for "Protection!"
I laughed greatly at his words of warning.
That night my Tallahassee Wife became nervous about his prediction, she drove around until she found some Willow tea,fixed it for me, insisted that I drink it!
(IT was retched tasting)
That next morning her phone beside the bed was ringing.. Uncle in Texas.. had died!
As I was sometimes telling this story in my Haunt, every so often a patron would tell me a very similar story that had either happened to a family member or someone they knew.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts