Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20210430_011357.jpg

This is easily one of the best props of the 2000s and in my book is one of the greatest store-bought Halloween props of all time. Everything about her, from her amazing movement to her cosmetic detail and wonderful voice tracks make this prop much different from other witch props.

She was sold from 2007 to 2010, 4 years! She was many prices, ranging from $129 to $249.99 when she was at Spirit Halloween. This one is a 2010 model, so it doesn't have a microphone option. She is in really good shape for her age!

This is one of the few props that you could mistake for a real person/actor from far away due to how fluid her movement is. She moves her mouth, head, eyes, body, and stirs her cauldron. Her cauldron even mists! The only problem nowadays is that it's rare to see one that fully works, there's so many things that could go wrong with her. One thing I really like about this prop is that the voice lines are just the right amount of fun and scary. No annoying songs, bad voice acting, or stupid phrases. She's everything a classic witch should be.

I've heard that there are a lot of differences between models, one main one is that they changed her eyes and the shape of her head in later years. The earlier ones also had much more frantic, rapid movement. I think they changed this with later models because the witches would actually become either unstable or break within a few weeks due to that. The original 2007 model was especially strange, because I think I saw that it needs a 9V, 4 amp adapter! That's a lot of power. I think they changed the material of the clothes a bit too, but I don't really know for sure.

It doesn't get more classic than this. This witch exemplifies the charm of halloween, being a classic "monster" and being kid-friendly as well, all while being chilling yet captivating to watch. Pictures don't do her justice (well, neither does makeup馃巸)

Registered
View attachment 744940

This is easily one of the best props of the 2000s and in my book is one of the greatest store-bought Halloween props of all time. Everything about her, from her amazing movement to her cosmetic detail and wonderful voice tracks make this prop much different from other witch props.

She was sold from 2007 to 2010, 4 years! She was many prices, ranging from $129 to $249.99 when she was at Spirit Halloween. This one is a 2010 model, so it doesn't have a microphone option. She is in really good shape for her age!

This is one of the few props that you could mistake for a real person/actor from far away due to how fluid her movement is. She moves her mouth, head, eyes, body, and stirs her cauldron. Her cauldron even mists! The only problem nowadays is that it's rare to see one that fully works, there's so many things that could go wrong with her. One thing I really like about this prop is that the voice lines are just the right amount of fun and scary. No annoying songs, bad voice acting, or stupid phrases. She's everything a classic witch should be.

I've heard that there are a lot of differences between models, one main one is that they changed her eyes and the shape of her head in later years. The earlier ones also had much more frantic, rapid movement. I think they changed this with later models because the witches would actually become either unstable or break within a few weeks due to that. The original 2007 model was especially strange, because I think I saw that it needs a 9V, 4 amp adapter! That's a lot of power. I think they changed the material of the clothes a bit too, but I don't really know for sure.

It doesn't get more classic than this. This witch exemplifies the charm of halloween, being a classic "monster" and being kid-friendly as well, all while being chilling yet captivating to watch. Pictures don't do her justice (well, neither does makeup馃巸)
There are some very nice witch props. Not really my thing. The favorite that I own is the Witch of Stolen Souls.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some very nice witch props. Not really my thing. The favorite that I own is the Witch of Stolen Souls.
For sure, that's a good one. I like that witch too, she has a darker overtone and a great design. I haven't seen her in person since she came out, I wish I knew somebody who had her.

Registered
Maybe because I own one but I would have to say that the Gemmy Life Size Fortune witch makes the top 5. Its probably the most complex prop Gemmy made at the time using 2 large and 1 small circuit board just to control both figures and the mic. The only downfall to it is that you can easily tell its fake with how the skull spirit ball looks. Mine originally had a wireless mic and the previous owner had many life sizes at one time so of course I got the wrong mic for it. I ended up having to make use of its taped off mic port on the base by using a mic jack from a Life Size Santa. All and all I enjoy the arguments and jokes the witch and her skull talk about but I do wish that the same effort of detail used on the cauldron witch was used on the fortune witch.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe because I own one but I would have to say that the Gemmy Life Size Fortune witch makes the top 5.
That is a very cool one!!! I honestly never enjoyed the songs, but pretty much everything else on it is excellent IMO. That's awesome to know about the circuit boards! She definitely was one of the most complex, I've never seen/heard of another prop with more than one motherboard and one microphone board.

Registered
That is a very cool one!!! I honestly never enjoyed the songs, but pretty much everything else on it is excellent IMO. That's awesome to know about the circuit boards! She definitely was one of the most complex, I've never seen/heard of another prop with more than one motherboard and one microphone board.
Yeah. I noticed that apron opening up the base that there was a abandoned connector leading from one of the figures. Also just for fun when I removed the wireless board for the mic I saw that it had a LED on it along with a red wire coming off of it marked ANT (antenna)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts