Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Interesting, I've never heard of this film before. But a real Werewolf would never be so sloppy...

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,179 Posts
To me, the explanation of the creature on the film being a man in a suit is not plausible for the reason that you can see it take off running on all for legs. The position of the body when charging and the straight, flat back of the creature is something that would be almost impossible for a human to pull off.
^ From the article

It is with out a doubt a man in a suit. It is clear from the first moment the "creature" is seen in the film. No wild animal would just sit there staring at someone filming it for that amount of time. The "creature" also followed the camera persons movement, as if waiting for a cue. The way the supposed bear or "beast" moves is the next giveaway that is it a man in a suit. The legs bend improperly for an animal, but the way human legs would bend if they were to start running on all fours. Whomever was in the suit had clearly practiced the run a few times but not enough to perfect the hoax.

The second film is undoubtedly a hoax. No person looks like that after being mauled by a bear or other large carnivore. The "body" looks a lot like a movie prop. A mauled person has more wounds than just being ripped in half, and an animal will eat the soft organs first, not the tough leg muscles.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I have been interested in the Gable film since I first saw it a year or so ago.
I wasn't aware of a "part 2" if indeed that's what it is, until Johnny posted it here. (Thanks, JT!):)

With regards to the original Gable film, although (IMO) it is not as convincing as the Patterson film or the Jacobs photographs, it is nonetheless interesting and there are arguments both for and against its authenticity.
After watching the Part 2 footage several times, I would also say that the same is true of that. There are similarities between the two films that are striking, but certain aspects of the second film which appear unconvincing could, given these similarities, actually serve to take away from the credence of the first film.

For my part, the jury's still out and I keep an open mind for the time being.

I couldn't list all the arguments for and against here in one post without launching into an enormous diatribe which would take all day to type and probably nobody would read anyway..for every pro, there seems to be an equally convincing and valid con and vice versa.
But if anybody would like to discuss this (or indeed, any other "cryptid" photo's or footage) at length, I would be glad to do so.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I was diggin around the web looking for werewolf pics for "Howl-o-ween" & I found articles on a "dogman" then led me to the "Gable Film." I have never heard of anything like this before. Freaked me out.

Gable Film (attack)
More thoughts on the Gable Attack Film | Oregon Bigfoot Blog

Gable Film #2 (with complete Gable Film)
The Gable Film #2 | Oregon Bigfoot Blog

For me, I don't know what it is, but it is definately an animal of some kind. In slow motion it is apperant all four feet lift off the ground, very gracefully with ease. No man in a suit can lift all four feet off the ground like that--- or move that fast.

Does anyone else have any further knowledge or info. about it?

·
1,179 Posts
I still believe that it's a hoax.

If, and I mean IF, it is an animal, then it is a well trained animal and possibly under some sort of costume or cover to make it look different. The full film shows that they do have a dog with them at some point. Also, it is not entirely impossible for a human in a suit to move like that. If they know what they are doing and how to properly construct the appendages, any person can look like an animal.

I still hold my original position on the second film and that it is a hoax. The body would not be neatly pulled in half and, a point made in the recently linked blogs, the internal bits are far to bright and colorful for a discovered victim, the boy filming is never seen, and the police work is rather shoddy.

I have also read on a different paranormal forum that a few people managed to find a number of dog breeds that look almost exact to the shape of the "gable creature".

Another issue I have with the film is that the seasons are crossed. If 8mm footage is going to show the seasons change like that, then there must be one of two explanations. First, there is just that great of a time span between film sequences, which doesn't make much sense because then the film would span over several seasons. The second is that some one spliced the footage of winter scenes into fall scenes trying to make one complete film sequence. If that is the case, then who is to say that they didn't just film the "creature" attack, then edit it in later?

Both films strike me as bogus crap. The "DNR cover up" is so unlikely that has to be an excuse for pulling the video. The DNR does not cover things up. They aren't a police authoritative force when it comes to confiscating personal videos. The most they do is protect the wild life, calm people down when an animal isn't where it should be, and write tickets for minor pollution, poaching, and wild life damage.

·
Registered
920 Posts

I am intrigued by this "Gable Film." I found this blog that has comparative pics from both films. You can find them here:

Cryptomundo - for Bigfoot, Loch Ness, and More - Blog Home

I also found some info. on something called the "Beast LBL" (Beast of land between the lakes) in Livingston County, KY.
The Beast is supposed to be simular too, or is the same as--- the Dogman. The stories are pretty wild, the description has this thing walking or standing at times. I don't know if these are actual reports or just stories (she labels them "tales"). I don't know much about this, or if it's real. You decide....

You can read about it here:

JAN'S TALES...The Beast of LBL - WWW.GUARDIANTALES.COM

JAN'S TALES...LBL Investigation-WWW.GUARDIANTALES.COM

This is a documentary about the Beast of LBL, Dogman,etc. called Hunt the Dogman- there is a trailer.

http://www.grendelfilms.org/huntthedogman.htm

·
1,179 Posts
Hoax

If you didn't catch the Monsterquest American werewolf episode, then this link is for anyone who still believes in the Gable Film as real footage.

The Dogman Blog

I'm not happy about the guy's statements about not directly calling the film real, mostly because he never came right out to say it was fake. How would he ever get on T.V. if it was a fake? The guy, to me, is now just a creep whose covering his own butt, hoping people will look away from the DVD sales he got because of this film, and think that he did it all for entertainment purposes.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks for the link dogman. I missed that episode twice and so far it doesn't look like it's airing again anytime time soon. I'm a bit disappointed that the gable creature or whatever it was called isn't real. Crap like this hurts the cryptozoology community.

·
Registered
920 Posts

I read the Dogman Blog (thanks for posting the link!)...the films are phony?! Wow, not funny. That is NOT what I would call "entertainment." A real disturbing way to have fun. I agree with Weird Rob, it is not helpful for the cryptozoology community, either.

He never revealed how he created the charging dogman/animal, I am super curious how he accomplished that. Does anyone know?

...last but not least, I am glad to know no one was really harmed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts