Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a new character for my graveyard. If the scene goes like I have in my mind, the Flagbearer will be the first of several ghouls in a grim processional through the gravestones.

He is made with a pcv armature and an extremely thin monster mud mixture. The mix I used is 1/3 gallon drywall mud and a gallon of exterior latex paint, soaked up into a cotton sheet. The sheet is still flexible but holds all the folds and draping very well. The skull is a 2part urethane skull I made with a dragonskin mold of a bucky skull, and the hand is wire frame and mache.

thanks for looking!

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
That's not a prop -- it's a sculpture!

Absolutely beautiful work., I love the skull -- so very, very cool.

Great textures and depth.

I can't wait to see more of the procession.

·
6,359 Posts
I keep coming back to look at your skull - its texture and coloring is marvelous.

Can you give some more details on how you made that skull? And please tell us the techniques you used to paint it?

If you've already done that somewhere else, I apologize for not finding it. Could you post a link?

Again, beautiful work! :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I keep coming back to look at your skull - its texture and coloring is marvelous.

Can you give some more details on how you made that skull? And please tell us the techniques you used to paint it?

If you've already done that somewhere else, I apologize for not finding it. Could you post a link?

Again, beautiful work! :cool:
Thanks you TK421. The skull was done with the same methods I detailed here.
The painting was just a bit different, as each project takes on a life of its own.

·
6,359 Posts
HA! Now my powers are complete!!!

I can feel the propmaster flowing within me!!

I know the secret!

Wood Stain Pigment!

Of course, it's so simple. I should have seen it before. How could I have missed it? It's not paint at all - it's wood stain! So obvious and yet previously so elusive!

Maw-ha-ha-ha.

(I'm sure this would be more humorous if I were sitting in an oversized chair, stroking a big fluffy white cat.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That looks so good I think my brain is on fire. I've gotta' try that. Can't wait to see the rest of the "procession". Great job!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts