Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who like to make thier own eyes for the props that we build check out this link:
My freehand eyes for you by ~Madam-NatasStock on deviantART
you can just print the sheet and cut out what you need. I've seen simular sheets in the past, but this one is a high-res file that looks really great when you print it.:D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to agree with you, I think they'll make a much more realistic eye.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
But how does one make them into spherical eyeballs? I need some eyes for something that I'm working on.
I think most people just apply them to ping pong balls; at least that's what i was told. Than youc can glue on smev very thin red threads for veigns, and than cover the whole ball in a clear high gloss.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you don't care if you make your own, you can find good ones on ebay. They run about a dollar a set with shipping included and are sold in groups of 8,12, ect. I got some last year and was very happy with them. They are half round and hollow, come in different natural colors. I havent tried it but you might be able to put an LED in them and have them light up. Search for: halloween fake eyes.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you don't care if you make your own, you can find good ones on ebay. They run about a dollar a set with shipping included and are sold in groups of 8,12, ect. I got some last year and was very happy with them. They are half round and hollow, come in different natural colors. I havent tried it but you might be able to put an LED in them and have them light up. Search for: halloween fake eyes.
Yeah I bought a set of 8 last year, and while I really like them, there are times when you just need full round eyeballs, and as far as the LED's are concerned, I tried putting some in a set that I bought, and the dye that makes up the pupils is NOT plastic, but a sort of gummy slime that when you drill into it ruins the rest of the coloration of the eye, so not very useful for that application.

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
I guess I should have thought of ping pong balls. I've heard of using them before. Thanks GD and partsman.

I would have thought ebay wouild have cost more. I may check it out. Thanks, Bone Dancer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts