the only thing i'd change is to slow down the drawer, but its just me

ideally a variable speed would be gr8, but obviously more complicated and $$$$

i luv it

congrats on such an amazing prop. i am jealous of your skillz

amk

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Great job. Looks great. Surprised you didn't get more comments on it. People are probably busy building thier own stuff then come here.

Higher output controllers add more flare don't they? :)

How did you get the levitate cylinders and the sit up moving at the same time? Rear pivot point and rod clevis with brackets on the sit up cylinder?

I am guessing that is four output controller?

1 Lights
2 Dresser
3 Levitate
4 Sit up and Lights above

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well done! Great concept, and really good execution. It looks good enough that it's not handicapped by the fact that it draws on an older movie. Nice work, dude!

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
Very creepy and love the way she levitates!!! Nice work!

·
Registered
291 Posts
WOW! That would scare the pants of the ToT's.
Well done!
Are you kidding?!?!?! That would scare the pants off of ME!!!!

Can't believe this is only your first pneumatic prop. Even if it had been someone's millionth prop, it is astounding! You're like the Einstein of pneumatic props, bert1913.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Amazing prop (or should I say "props" with so much going on?)! You will definitely have a few kids running in terror. If you do reveal how you executed the levitiation and lift immediately after each other I would love to know.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the great comments everyone. i used a 2 switch picoboo f104. switch 1 operates the following: drawer (wiper motor powered), lamp and lift cylinder. switch 2 operates the red light and flip.

i mounted a 1 1/2" x 7" clyinder under the bed, i then made a "pvc coffin sit up" and mounted that on a piece of 3/8 plywood. i bolted the plywood onto the 7" clyinder for levitation. if you have anymore questions just let me know. bert

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow! Fantastic work! I would love to do some sort of props like this. If you could get the head to spin too.. a lot of parents that saw the movie will be running! ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts