Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

This is our Halloween project for this year - not quite finished yet, but we are getting close!

F63D863E-687B-497C-A707-C1B87F16A7C4.jpg 59414413-6991-4059-8A1B-CBF34F58916C.jpg

The shop is 19’x12’ with 10’ ceiling, thought and constructed so that it would be easy to disassemble and move it where we want it for Halloween, but still keep its structural integrity when reassembled.

We were lucky enough to get some stuff for free (like the french doors that make up the bay window) and be able to reuse a lot of the materials from previous Halloween props.

The front is still missing few details (a second coat of paint, few small gold accents here and there) and we are planning of having a little sidewalk and a fenced small backyard, but then - around the end of September, we think - it will be just a matter of moving it to the front of our property and slowly starting to fill it with stuff, so that when Halloween comes we are (literally) open for business!

Wall panels when disassembled
6BB5073D-2EA1-4090-BA6F-B1A8564FCFF0.jpg

And assembled
F3DAFD82-81FB-464E-8809-ADBCDF0AC2C1.jpg

Bay window before
E5C212AA-9A31-4AD2-BC69-CBBA36CE1392.jpg

And after
View attachment 551383

Back
BCC7D41B-7E50-4AB3-BF16-AFCB472AA3E4.jpg

And the future floor
View attachment 551387

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,004 Posts
Wow - talk about going above and beyond! That looks like a very solid structure and the start of a quite nifty haunt display. If all of your work is to that level, you're likely going to really impress folks. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow - talk about going above and beyond! That looks like a very solid structure and the start of a quite nifty haunt display. If all of your work is to that level, you're likely going to really impress folks. :)
Many, many thanks! There is still a lot to do in terms of finishing and then filling, but so far we are very happy with it :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Looks awesome! Be careful because you may be going down the path of needing a permit. When I started building covers for my props they required a permit even though nobody goes into them. Looks like yours is a walk through. I already have my permit submitted for this year.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Looks awesome! Be careful because you may be going down the path of needing a permit. When I started building covers for my props they required a permit even though nobody goes into them. Looks like yours is a walk through. I already have my permit submitted for this year.
Took the words out of my mouth!! Last year I really wanted to set up a circus tent in my front yard for a Carnevil theme. Per the city where I live, a permit was required and it was an expensive, lengthy process. So I chose a different theme lol! ????

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much for pointing that out! It hasn’t been an issue with the walk through witch house that we built a couple of years ago, but I will definitely double check. Many thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts