Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been working on an electric chair prop with my dad for about a week and a half now. What we planned to do is to use a jigsaw and drill a hole the the blade and tie a rope from that hole to the spine of a blucky that we already have. We haven't tested it yet as we just got the saw, but we are pretty sure it will work. Here are some of the pics.
View attachment 14044

View attachment 14045

What do you think? We are going to put a strobe light in the ribcage so that you can see the ribs through the t-shirt. We also are putting a fog machine with exhaust tubes through the sleeves so it will look like hes getting fried. :)

View attachment 14046

-Jaden

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think you are going to melt the rubber hose connected to the output of the fog machine. It will get really hot. Might want to space that off an inch or two. It will still blow the fog through the hose.

The chair looks like a good start to a great prop.

·
Registered
146 Posts
So is he going to rise up and down or will the chest go forwards and backwards? I can't tell.

Looks good btw!>

I STILL may build one! (maybe this week lol)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would setup the smoke machine so it's got a couple inches between it and the pipe you want the smoke to travel through. This does 2 things:
1: Allows a bit of air to mix in with the smoke.
2: Prevents the smoke machine from melting your pipe or starting a fire.

Looks great though! Hope you can share a video of it in action!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts