Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a job working at a Spirit Halloween store!

The discount is 25%, but I don't care about that b/c I think Spirit can be a bit overpriced. Its just the idea of working in a Halloween store!!!!!! I'm like a kid in a candy store!

I don't know who's more excited, me or my kids. Although, my wife isn't too thrilled. She's just worried that I'll spend more than I make. I told her that I'm on a budget, but neglected to tell her what the budget is. :D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Wow congratulations on the new job! It really is like a dream! make sure you show us what you get with your discount! :p

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Dang! You suck!!! What a cool job to have though! Never have a dull day I bet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I applied but haven't heard anything back yet though. Still waiting.

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
I put in 2 apps online and then put one in at the store, but our manager has the personality of a stump. She just kinda grabbed them and shoved them aside and said things are hectic now ill look at them next week sometime.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
I am so envious. All those wonderful props! And you can get all the good stuff before they sell out! Rock on dude!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I worked there a couple years ago and it was my favorite job! I loved it. Plus I actually got a lot of free stuff that was damaged so we couldn't sell it. Like a long stone wall scene setter that was cut on the first layer when they opened the box.

Plus at our store our manager let us put things in the back that we wanted to buy for 50% off on Nov 01.

I would definitely work at one again but the closest one is an hour away. :(

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
I was dissapointed after seeing a lot of the stuff in person. Probably my favorite thing was the nursery full of zombie babies. It was great watching people go by and say thing like thats just sick. I loved it.

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
I too thought I was in heaven when I got a part-time job at Halloween USA. Only i hated it, becuz they stuck me in the dressing room duty, which gets FREAKING Boring, and I was qulaify to be able to do more then just that. and these dummy of the people there wouldnt take train me to do anything else. I had quit to my dismay. This still makes me mad when I think about it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
We just got a Spirit store in my city and I was so excited because my daughter was going to apply. They told her slots are already filled :( ... maybe next year!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wanted to work at spirit but I can't find any by me. There is some halloween Booteq getting setup in the fancy over priced outdoor mall tho

·
Undead Handyman
557 Posts
I don't wanna be Johnny Raincloud, but doesn't a job at Spirit require that you work on Halloween night?:confused:

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
I applied to my local Spirit Halloween store last year. I put my availability as ANY, and filled in all the right boxes. My sister in Law also applied. They hired her, and when she told the manager that I would be the perfect employee because of my love of halloween, the manager at the time told her "We don't want people working here this year who actually like halloween. We just want people who will show up and work their shift." Needless to say after 2 weeks of working there she quit because the manager refused to let people ENJOY working there, and made them do things like sign twirling in 90 degree heat. THEN in an effort to "save money" the manager CUT THE AIR CONDITIONING in the SAME heatwave. No one wanted to shop there, and the store remained a dead end the entire season. I spent 5 minutes in there and the stifling heat drove me to MICHAELS next door. When my sis in law quit, she walked over to Michaels, and applied for a job... She got the job and has been working there ever since. The management is great, and the people who work (at least at her store) actually enjoy being there! Plus I get her Discount every time I shop there.

Perhaps YOUR spirit store will be better run than hers. One can only hope! Good Luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't wanna be Johnny Raincloud, but doesn't a job at Spirit require that you work on Halloween night?:confused:
Oh I won't let that happen! It's only a fun part-time job so I will have no issues with quitting.

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,187 Posts
Congrats on the sweet part time job!

I went to a local Halloween USA that is looking for new hires, and they have signs out front saying they'll accept applications... only problem is that the place is locked up tight and doesn't offer September hours.

From what is posted here and what has been posted in the past, I'm kinda wary of jobs at Halloween stores, but right now any job is a good one.

Again, congrats on getting a job that feeds your obsession! :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts