Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have any of my pictures loaded yet as I shoot with a DSLR and I actually FILLED the card. Just some things I shot with the phone to send my mom and friends right now.

I'm not a donut guy, but this place deserves their reputation.

Powell's city of books, worlds largest independently owned book store...this is as much of the children's section as I could fit in a photo. I managed to get the original run of scary stories here, been looking for those for a while.

From Portland, we headed to the coast to Moclips.

View from our deck.

Talia trying her hand at clam digging.

Not what she was looking for...

I swear I had no idea prior to this trip, but apparently our second stop in Forks is famous...sent to a friend of mine who's a fan...They do tours of the locations in the series even. By the looks of the closed businesses, the Twilight boom is over though.

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
If you've been following me for other vacations, you know I have a problem. I wake at 4 AM. Period. End of story. Talia is an early riser as well, but not nearly as early as that, but the rest of the family is a sleep til 10 type. So, in the dead of the morning in Forks, I decided to go for a moonlit stroll in the cemetery which happened to be just across the street from our house there. (again, coincidence, did not plan)

No hours posted on the signs, figured I wouldn't be arrested.

It's the first cemetery I've seen where they plant on top of the graves. A lot of trees, some flowers.

Here's a tree right on top of the tombstone.

A couple flower boxes.

Confirming it wasn't coincidence a line of trees.

I found a pavilion off to one side with a map, where I was curious to see a bunch of "unkonown" (yellow boxes) "Occupied?" (tannish boxes) and "?Flu Epidemic?" (White boxes) plots. The light purple either have, or plan to have the trees planted, which will turn this thing into a forest.

It was about here the town deputy pulled up and started with the questions of what I'm doing in the cemetery in the dark. (suns coming up at this point). He didn't have any further information on the unknowns, occupied? s or ?flu epidemic? graves however. These are entirely unmarked in the cemetery itself, just on the map.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,581 Posts
I also wander around taking photos of gravestones in any city that I end up visiting. I have no intention of doing so usually, but they seem to just be THERE and I'm also really fascinated by old stones and artwork. Really love your photos!

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From "The Grotto" in Portland. We had a few hours to kill in portland the evening we arrived.

A big garden with a bunch of statues and shrines scattered about. Like this one in a natural cave on the cliffside...

Cannon beach pitstop to stretch our legs on the way to Moclips.

(Talia for those who remember her here)

Probably framing this sunset shot in Moclips.

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our first venture into the rainforest.

My son took the camera just to give him something to do...he was really hit or miss with it (My DSLRs are running 60's lenses, so mostly manual), but got some good shots none the less.

The world record Spruce tree...

Exploring the tide pools.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Kdestra
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing