Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Johnny Thunder here to post about a sequel to a horror flick that I actually enjoyed - The Descent.

Directed by Jon Harris, and written by James Watkins, the sequel appears to pick up from the original film and has been summarized as follows:

The sequel will continue the story of Sarah, who as the only survivor of an all-female caving expedition gone horrifically wrong, suffers severe psychological trauma. Unable to speak, she accompanies a rescue team back to the cave, but events once again take a sinister turn.

Check out the trailer in the link:

BD Horror News - Trailer Debut For 'The Descent: Part 2'!!

Anyone excited for this sequel? What say you?

·
Resident Lunatic
1,771 Posts
Loved The Descent. I saw it in the theater and rented it when it came out on DVD. Wouldn't mind owning it. I'll be watching for the sequel. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Hmmm..I see Lionsgate/Pathe have removed all the trailers from everywhere..:(:confused:
Still, the stills look good and I did enjoy the first one, so I'll probably go check this one at the cinema.

·
Registered
232 Posts
well i really did like this first flick, but i am trying to wrap my head around "SPOILERS"
how the hell did she get out of the cave!?!? for those who saw this in the states, there was a completely different ending than in the Original and she never gets out and what looks like she meets and accepts her doom! but i am sure i will go and see this none the less lol!

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
I thought the descent was awesome, but I agree with Mr. Frost. The ending she was singing "happy birthday" to her dead daughter and then when it pulled back in the scene no one was there but the cave creatures about to eat her. She had lost her mind and was the only one alive about to die. How does she escape? I will have to just watch the movie then . Cant wait.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
well i really did like this first flick, but i am trying to wrap my head around "SPOILERS"
how the hell did she get out of the cave!?!? for those who saw this in the states, there was a completely different ending than in the Original and she never gets out and what looks like she meets and accepts her doom! but i am sure i will go and see this none the less lol!

I first sceen this on HBO I don't remember a birthday song or anything. I don't even remember her leaving the cave. Infact I thought there were two the survied. Is this the movie that the group of girls go on the caving expidition and think they are the first ones to explore it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I first sceen this on HBO I don't remember a birthday song or anything. I don't even remember her leaving the cave. Infact I thought there were two the survied. Is this the movie that the group of girls go on the caving expidition and think they are the first ones to explore it?
Yah buddy, but you saw the cut for U.S. version not the the original one from over seas. a much darker and better ending IMO than the one they put out here. why they changed it? who the hell knows lol!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts