Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ghosts and goblins I hope all is well. I thought I would take a moment to unbury myself pull open the casket doors and say hello! The inside of our Decrepit Dimestore is getting very spooky and I thought it would be fun to share some photos of our progress. I hope everyone else is buried 6ft under in Decorations preparing for the season at hand!
Gris

·
Registered
516 Posts
I wanna live in your house! For real-real! Love it, makes me so happy and excited for the season. I just got done doing my daughter's bedroom door with Dollar Tree caution tapes, spiders and webs. It ain't nothing compared to you! ((But I do also feel accomplished, lol!!))

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I love seeing this!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those pics make me happy! I like the vintage paper pumpkin folk with the flexible limbs. The room seems well suited to display stuff, with all the mantles. Very cool environment.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great to see you all ? thanks for the great compliments Kris, Shadowbat and Rciag . Paul those trees are from the 90s made by Trendmasters and made of styrofoam. Many of Trendmasters larger pieces have become sought after especially those trees.

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Gris, I love seeing all of your vintage items and how you display them. I'm excited to say that my party next year will be a retro/vintage halloween party using all of the classic decorations like these. The sad thing is that I have to keep it all packed away this year so that it makes a big impact next year. Keep the pictures coming!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Your displays are incredible. I started to collect the Halloween blow molds after I saw your display last year. I only have a few because most of the ones I find have bad paint jobs. Your's look so nice. Do you touch up the paint? If so what do you use?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all these comments are too awesome. I love collecting this stuff its a true passion. Frogkid I cant wait to see your set up next year! Amuck Amuck I find them in the wild and some have good paint while others have rough paint. I typically leave them as I find them but I know there are many talented repainters out there one in fact dwells on this page and she does great work.

This to me is Halloween. Its not about how many pieces you have, or how good they look, or how rare stuff is the true art to collecting vintage is becoming the Curator of those pieces you have found. So treasure and maintain what you find as you have become the new Historian of that piece. If you keep collecting long enough it will all flow in one piece at a time. I have been collecting nearly ten years most come from yard sales, want ads and thrift stores. This is by far my favorite hobby in the world!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
GOMG !
This is such a happy and pleasant display (I probably know too many people who could never see it this way-their " LOSS" )
The persona expressed via such items, images,colors all conspire to say"Halloween Should be FUN!"
Thank you.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Woooooooooahhhhh that's a lot of pumpkins☺ I've enlarged the photos and I've think I've spotted a space for another couple in the display cabinet. Lol so how long have you been collecting. That's some serious display.

Ten years just found it ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GOMG !
This is such a happy and pleasant display (I probably know too many people who could never see it this way-their " LOSS" )
The persona expressed via such items, images,colors all conspire to say"Halloween Should be FUN!"
Thank you.
Thank you so much for the compliments Gym. I have been a fan of your work for many years and I have enjoyed seeing the youtube videos and TV specials regarding your home haunt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Woooooooooahhhhh that's a lot of pumpkins☺ I've enlarged the photos and I've think I've spotted a space for another couple in the display cabinet. Lol so how long have you been collecting. That's some serious display.

Ten years just found it ��
HA! I have more in the garage so I will fill the gap lol. Thanks for the compliments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts