Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I really just want to feel as many moments of that childish awe and wonderment that is so elusive as we get older though I don't know what will trigger it. How about you all? HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hope to get out of work in time, hope it doesn't rain... And hope everyone has a good time walking around and enjoying the decorations we have work so hard at setting up. Hope to add one more family Halloween picture to the album.
Happy Halloween you all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looking like a bit of a wash out here in the UK. Raining hard!

With my wife away on business it's going to be a solo effort today I think, despite my best efforts to make the house seasonal there's no one around to see it so it's all going to be a bit self indulgent.
Despite this I'll be carving some pumpkins, baking something ghoulish and catching up on the latest episodes of Grimm and Supernatural (how can 'Sleepy Hollow' be on a break on Halloween week? grrrrrrrr). Then late afternoon I'll take the cowardly beagle out for our Halloween walk through the local woods to the graveyard at Thames Ditton. Then home for dinner and scary movie - yet to decide what to watch but I've been saving a few.

Whatever it turns out to be I'm not sure today is going to provide one of those perfect Autumnal memories that most of my perfect Halloween memories are based on.
Whatever you do have fun guys.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm having a strange halloween. Last minute guests and also getting ready for a toddler (my grandson) to descend on me Sunday so...I guess it's whatever it is, lol maybe I will get my pumpkin carved at least .

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not looking good for us forecast is giving us a few inches of rain for today and tonight, I just hope it stops a bit for tonight to let the kids out and be able to scared them a bit when they come to the door !

·
Registered
169 Posts
I always get stuck doing last minute preparation on Halloween so this year I've knocked myself out to get everything done the day before. So I'm hoping I can just relax and enjoy this day instead of running around stressing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope this year is as fun as the last. Adults screaming when they realize it's me in costume, not a prop, kids laughing at the adults then getting the crap scared out of them by my son, and watching the little guys and gals (whom we don't scare) have fun getting the candy. It's a great day to become something different and new, to forget life for a few hours and be a kid again.
I'll be shoveling snow from the yard to setup our props. Good news is that the temperature should be about 10C, hope the night holds out...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm hoping for a relaxing day of halloween movies and lots of trick or treaters tonight. I also have to carve my pumpkins.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
What am I hoping to get out of it?

FUN!

Happy Halloween, y'all!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
catching up on the latest episodes of Grimm and Supernatural (how can 'Sleepy Hollow' be on a break on Halloween week? grrrrrrrr).
I know , isn't that CRAZY ! I mean of all shows this one is perfect for Halloween and they didn't even have a Halloween themed episode before they went on hiatus. Doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not sure how things are going to go for us this year. We just moved into a new home so things are still in disarray and our new neighborhood has no more than 12 homes and is off the beaten path. So I'm anticpating a next to nothing turn out of trick-or-treaters. I guess I'm kind of bummed out overall.

Hope everyone else gets what they want out the High Holiday (or Holy Night as I call it).

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm with Yoohaloo on this one. It's raining here so I won't get many tot'ers. I'm going to pour myself some candy corn shots, avoid eating Paydays and Almond Joys and pass out while watching Roseanne Halloween and It's the Great Pumpkin CB!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I know that the neighborhood will enjoy it, so there is nothing to hope for in that department.

I am part of the Haunts Against Hunger team and I'm hoping for a lot of donations. There is something that I'm not hoping for just as much and that is any ugly incidents with unruly trick or treaters. In 5 previous years in this neighborhood I've only had two incidents, one the first year with a couple of punk teenagers and one last year with a couple of little brats (about 8 or 9 years old) who tried to grab the candy bucket. Hopefully the set up this year prevents the latter because I'm behind a façade wall with the candy.

Weather turned out to be beautiful here in NE Oklahoma. Nice clean air after two days of rain and a cool breeze. Will be a little chilly but will feel very Halloween like.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts