·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frankie, its based on the Skeletal Organist from DC Props Devious Concoctions - Un-Earthed Halloween Props.
I built mine to be dressed so the construction was a little different and I added a third motor to get the head to rotate side to side it was a 3 rpm timing motor or a microwave turntable motor.

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cuda, I got it from an ebay vendor ANIMATED Flying Crank Ghost Haunted Halloween Prop FCG - eBay (item 300270322217 end time Nov-08-08 06:47:12 PST)

Its seems a bit pricey but I did well on some ebay sales so I splurged. The system is well made, they use nylon roller pulleys at all points, the frame is stamped and punched, the motor is very quiet and sealed for weather, has and extra plug for the black light (its a reindeer motor) It worked right out of the box and all night long no problems. Because of the motor you do have to use counter weights which are provided.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I purchased the same FCG and was EXTREMELY happy! It is SOOOO well made and virtually silent. It comes right out of the box ready to hang ( ijust needed to swap out the LED eyes for blue) and it ran all night long. I am working on some video for you to see it at night. It was a bit more expensive but well worth it! The guys ebay name is "dixrexam" if you decise to use him. Its a top notch piece of equipment and got alot of huge 'WOW'S"

Melty

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased the same flying crank ghost (FCG) and I love it. It's made very well and worked right out of the box. It's worth the extra money. This is not hacked together in someones garage. The sheet metal is manufactured and painted. The hardware is brand new. The motor is sealed and comes with an extra plug for your black light to plug into. The ghost is well made.
I also made a crypt to house her. It got expensive but well worth it. It was a big hit!
The face was made from 2" and 1" thick pink foam from Home Depot. About $10 to 15 a sheet. I probably used around $95 worth of it. The sides and back were made from 1/4" plywood (the most expensive part) and 2"x4" frame.
I hinged the two side walls to close in agianst the rear wall for easier storage. The whole thing is on casters. Everything but the front was painted with a flat black outdoor latex paint. I used two gallons. I could have only used one. But I put it on very thick so it would hold up to dampness and rain.
I also put a fog machine and my i-pod player inside. Protected from the rain and hidden at the same time.
I coated the foam with "Sculpt or Coat" this was also used as my adhesive.
It forms a nice hard coat over the foam and seals it up. The crypt has been through several heavy rain storms and morning frost. I've found no seams coming apart and no cracks or pealing. I highly recommend this stuff.

Jerry Greene

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I really like the look of your crypt. I built mine in 2005 but my ex wouldn't return it so I have to start over again. Might even go with a design simliar to yours. Awesome job. Here is mine when fished it. My dog was sleeping in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
WOW, that is awesome! A lot of detail with the stone walls!
Very nice.

Where do you store yours?

Mine folds up, but it still takes up a lot of room.

My wife told me to now paint it white and put santa inside for Christmas, lol.

Jerry Greene

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its made from 2x2's with 1/2 foam, the trim is 2 In foam to give it some depth. It breaks down into 4 x8 panels for the two sides and back. The intent was to make it so 1. it could be assembled by one person, 2. stored flat. I used door hinges to hold the pannels together, remove the pin to disassemble.

Heres a pic of it in the stored state:
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg177/scareisburg/dcp_0009_00.jpg

·
Registered
495 Posts
I had my FCG in my crypt as well...with a twist.

I put an old garage door opener in there. Mounted it all up, hung the ghost in it. Put cables on the doors so when I triggered the GD opener it pulled open the gates and the ghost traveled from the back of the crypt to the front outside about a foot.

Was really cool

-PB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts