Halloween Forum banner

Halloween Readiness: Rate Yourself

• Total voters
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Still working on my last animatronic - finally came in around 10 pm and probably be out working on it by 7 am tomorrow. Then comes all the fun of the actual set up.... so I guess I'll know if I got it all set up if I can actually sit down before the kids start showing up!

Honestly... kinda looking forward to when it's all over .... :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Just have to do the final pass tomorrow afternoon to make sure everything is pointing the right way, sweep the walk, and we're there.

A little more to do inside for the party Saturday but that's what I am doing Friday.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I mowed and cleaned up the yard last weekend, before the snow on Monday night and Wednesday night this week.
So we got snow on the ground here in Iowa, although not a lot and the sidewalks are clear. First time it has snowed on Halloween that I can remember.

I need to make a run to Wal-Mart for a couple of things this morning, then I will be out in the yard to start decorating the yard. I only have the yard decorated for the day of Halloween. It usually takes about 4-5 hours to setup and less 2 hours to teardown and pack everything up after TOT'ing.

I started decorating 16 years a go with a few pumpkin pails. I added Charlie Brown and the Gang 15 years ago, and my theme has always been around Charlie Brown and a pumpkin patch.

I live on a corner lot, so I can decorate two sides of the house to decorate. I start my setup with setting up Charlie Brown and the gang (plywood cut-outs) and then adding pumpkins and ghosts everywhere. New to this year is that I got a couple of small inflatables this year. By living on a corner lot, I have been creating two themes (1) Charlie Brown and the pumpkin patch on the front yard and (2) graveyard on the side yard.

I do not always have a complete plan, just a general idea. Once I start later this morning, we see where the decorating takes me this year.

Happy Halloween to all and have a spooky night.
Great Pumpkin

101 - 105 of 105 Posts