Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this story on the news the other day:

He's been doing this for like... 10 years or something!

Thought some of you might be interested in the story because I've heard many say that they get complaints or comments about their own display - especially about being Satanic or some other nonsense. And I'm sure many can relate when all of their hard work is not appreciated.

Unfortunately, Mr. Ansell can't seem to let it go.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I do not agree with some of his tactics, particularly the hurtful signs and floodlights aimed at the houses, but he has every right to do any sort of display that he chooses. That the neighbors find it to be dark and not to their tastes does not mean that he is in the wrong in that regard, and maybe if the one lady would have left him alone in the first place, none of them would have any of this to contend with.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I agree Garth...that woman said she asked him to "tone it down" while her family was there for the holidays....WTH???? Why wouldn't you like seeing lights while celebrating? I think there was more to her husband leaving her than the stress of this guy :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is something that doesn't add up here.

He says that the reason he put up this display is because "The town shut down the Christmas Display"

Why can't they use the same tactic to shut down his new display?

They should make one of those Hallmark or Lifetime Christmas movies out of this story.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I think there was more to her husband leaving her than the stress of this guy :)
My thoughts exactly.

They should make one of those Hallmark or Lifetime Christmas movies out of this story.
There is no requisite happy ending to be had, though, so those channels would not be caught dead airing anything based on this sort of incident.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no requisite happy ending to be had, though, so those channels would not be caught dead airing anything based on this sort of incident.

Actually, there was a new Christmas movie on Hallmark last year about a man who builds a ferris wheel for his sick wife... and in the end she dies. (sorry spoiler)

So maybe they are moving into movies with unhappy endings? ;) And this would be perfect!

p.s.

I don't recommend watching that ferris wheel movie - man was it sad! HO HO HO!

·
Registered
302 Posts
The neighbors were probably jerks to him, and complained about his massive display before he snapped. I loved his prior display and would love it if a neighbor went all out for Christmas.

Now he is really mad and has an axe the size of Alaska to grind. They display is an eyesore but I could handle it; shining lights into neighbor's homes and hanging profane signs is really wrong. If he wants to display creepy stuff year round, oh well. But the lights and signs should stop right now.

Where we live, the rules are that holiday displays of 30 days total allowed. Most communities I have lived in do have rules regarding yard sales, animal control, noise, etc. Halloweenie Challenge is right- if they stopped his display before, when it was beautiful, why haven't they stopped it now? Both sides seem to have things that don't add up, but they should have left him alone in the first place. I do not agree with his tactics now, though, and would have continued my beautiful display no matter what the neighbors said, as long as I was legally ok.

Always treat your neighbors with respect if at all possible. This guy took all the energy and happiness from his huge beautiful display and had channeled it into a scary and undying vendetta. He lives alone and has no wife or kids in his home, he can do as many strange things as he wants.

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
It's his property and he can put up anything he wants,but the flood lights and vulgar signs are just a jerk move to get a rise out of his neighbors, and that lady can't blame him for her divorce if some neighbor caused her husband to leave then their marriage must have been rocky to begin with.

I had a similar thing happen this last Halloween because the guy that moved in next to me was offended by my haunt because apparently Halloween is against his religion, and he was a real jerk about it. So i told him that his religion is not my problem and to not step foot on my property again, but that was it i didn't egg him on by shinning flood lights in his windows and hanging signs up about him, i have no desire to fight with my neighbors, i'm just fine if they don't talk to me.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
There is a house I pass on a highway that STILL has his halloween stuff out. It consists of skeletons,shacks,zombies,even a camo vehicle w/cage for zombies...etc...
He couldn't possibly have gotten any TOTers in his area but I was happy to see his neat display. Now I'm curious why he hasn't taken it down...wondering if someone gave him crap for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts