372 Posts
Holy crap, that's BIG! :eek:

Great job. Are you making it indoors? Did you measure the doorway?:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well thank you all, so much:eek:
yes i am building him inside( in the kitchen) and he'll clear the door without his head, now with his head on... we'll have to tip him thru the patio door, and he should make it out ok.

he does have a rider, this is him.....on the FIRST>>> horse........... this is the one made of wood......... i'm working on making him a new saddle too!
i have been taking pictures of the big boy as i've been building him as well so i could post them if anyone was interested.

·
Registered
393 Posts
HOLY COW! You are a MASTER styrofoam crafter. That is the most amazing styrofoam construction I have ever seen. Simply incredible! How many hours have you spent on the horse? How many hours on the organ? Absolutely fantastic!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well.....i can lift and carry him myself....other than being a bit akward. i'm 5'2" and about 125lbs.......so under 100lbs i'd say.
as for time.......this guy is on him 3rd season.... it would frustrate me so i put him away for a while, do something easier, like the organ, oh and a crypt. this year i started putzin with him in july........and i'm still at it, but he WILL be done this year fer sure!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh and as a side note.....the tools i use for carving are....a jig saw (really old and slow), raspers, wire brushes and sanding blocks. it takes a bit longer to carve but you have alot of control over what you are doing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i'm still working on it, but i'd say maybe two days, i don't spend all day working, i'm kinda applying the mud weird too, usin' a paint brush, to keep the mummy cloth in place.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts