Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
The *BEST* is the BoC, it has the highest resolution, the fastest speed, the only one with Eye light circuitry the only one with the ability to program limits directly onto the Board, and the only one which turns the servos off when they are not in use so to save on their life.

After that they are pretty much all the same, go for the cheapest or one with USB or if you prefer serial,whatever you are after.

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
I am going to build a 3 axis skull and want to know what the best
servo controller is with vsa.
That's gonna just open a whole nutha can a worms...

No one can really tell you what the best is for you, you have to decide based on:

1. How much can you pay (if you have unlimited funding you should be talking to the people at Gilderfluke).

2. What do you want it to do (how many skulls, how many devices it will control, what devices it will control)

3. How much support do you need, if any??? (how many people are already using it directly relates to how much support you'll get)

As for myself:

I've looked at and worked with 3 axis skulls for a few years now and started with a Lynxmotion SSC-32 cause that wuz what HalloweenBob started the whole deal of DIY 3 axis with. It sits on my workbench and is a great reliable SERVO controller that can turn leds or relays on or off too. I then decided I wanted to control everything on one skull (servos, RGB eyes, external lighting) and have it connect to a USB port so I designed and built and programmed my own controller to work with VSA for less than $20 with no need for any DMX and it's associated expenses. So I can say that my controller is BEST too, but only for me.

Just remember:

Your neighbor might tell you his lawn mower is the best just because he bought one, not because it is the best.

The guy selling the lawn mower will always tell you his is best.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
That's gonna just open a whole nutha can a worms...

No one can really tell you what the best is for you, you have to decide based on:

1. How much can you pay (if you have unlimited funding you should be talking to the people at Gilderfluke).

2. What do you want it to do (how many skulls, how many devices it will control, what devices it will control)

3. How much support do you need, if any??? (how many people are already using it directly relates to how much support you'll get)

As for myself:

I've looked at and worked with 3 axis skulls for a few years now and started with a Lynxmotion SSC-32 cause that wuz what HalloweenBob started the whole deal of DIY 3 axis with. It sits on my workbench and is a great reliable SERVO controller that can turn leds or relays on or off too. I then decided I wanted to control everything on one skull (servos, RGB eyes, external lighting) and have it connect to a USB port so I designed and built and programmed my own controller to work with VSA for less than $20 with no need for any DMX and it's associated expenses. So I can say that my controller is BEST too, but only for me.

Just remember:

Your neighbor might tell you his lawn mower is the best just because he bought one, not because it is the best.

The guy selling the lawn mower will always tell you his is best.
You are my hero.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts