Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start a thread where everyone can go to share there best ideas, pictures, tutorials, props, electronics, spfx, etc. This is not meant to be a thread with a lot of idle chatter rather for insight into an ultimate haunt. This thread is meant to be your one stop idea and resource place. I want to compile a broad range of information taken from each members bookmarks, favorites etc. The information gathered only needs to be inspiring and the best of the best, what everyone should and would want to have.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
That's alot to ask of one thread. It's pretty much this whole forum in one and everyone's idea of the best is different. But maybe it will bring something out of the shadows that no one has ever seen before. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is a large part of this Forum because everyone has great ideas but this thread is for those things that when you seen were like wow! I have to make that or get that.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Wouldn't that an opinion thing?
This forum has a wonderful search function. What's going to happen is this thread is going to get impossible to navigate. Let's say it does take of... ends up being 10 pages of ideas with 30 posts per page... how is anyone going to find what they're looking for? People are going to ask question's about specific things- which isn't idle chatter, but it will take up more and more posts... unless you are just asking people to LINK to ideas, etc... but again... that's what the search function is for.

If I want to find awesome ideas for "monster in a box"... I just search that... won't even know if there's anything in this thread about it.

Anyway... don't mean to be a debbie downer... just my thoughts. Good luck.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just thought that even though I have many ideas saved in my favorites, I know I don't have every great idea that is available. Since I don't have everything that has the wow factor saved means I don't know everything that is out there. If I don't know what is out there then I can't very well do a search for it. Even though there would be no particular way to sort through this thread as it grew, it would just be a general interest thread to browse through and save what interests you. Not only would everything be listed here in one place, everything is to be what is thought to be the best of the best.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
I like Haunt Project since it's updated regularly and has pics:

HauntProject.com - Your visual source for Haunting How-To's

:)

But I do kind of consider this forum the best resource - the search feature is great! I've found things pop up that I end up going off to read and forgetting the original thing I was looking for. :eek:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
::sigh:: perfection
I agree it is perfect and that is why I felt it earned a place within this thread as the best of the best. I appreciate your response to the thread, although my goal here is to aquire items of appeal and inspiration and not conversation. The objective here is for member to be able to browse through this tread without being slowed down by conversation.
Items posted here once again are for inspiration purposes and can include such things as a picture a tutorial a website etc.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I agree it is perfect and that is why I felt it earned a place within this thread as the best of the best. I appreciate your response to the thread, although my goal here is to aquire items of appeal and inspiration and not conversation. The objective here is for member to be able to browse through this tread without being slowed down by conversation.
Items posted here once again are for inspiration purposes and can include such things as a picture a tutorial a website etc.
Understandable, but the no comments you're hoping to have on this threat will not come to pass, alas. And as other people have mentioned, the search feature works well and reall, there aren't a LOT of pages to go through to find something of interest. And the monster list is pretty much like the bible.

Monster Page of Halloween Project Links

1 - 14 of 14 Posts