Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i usually set up my main Halloween display the week of Halloween. I do however begin transitioning now decorating a few areas with lights and so forth. Tonight as I was putting up some more lights three kids show up. Mr.?......are you going to do your foggers and laser light again. I'll tell ya, This made me feel great inside as we only get around 30 to 60 Kids. They already have their costumes figured out and excited for the big night. So feeling good tonight and motivated to make their night a very special Halloween!

Jim

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
That's so awesome! You've clearly made a huge impression! :)

I've never had kids talk to me while setting up - I'm probably usually in panic mode. But last year, a week before Halloween, we had what must have been a Halloween party or birthday party of young teens stop in front of our yard for about 5 minutes and read all the tombstones (that's all we had out at the time). Felt so good. :)

You can't beat Halloween, but it's nice to have moments like yours before the big day, where you can sit back and appreciate it as it happens. Halloween night goes by soo quickly.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
I can relate to this story. We'll get drivers going past while we're setting up, honking their horn, giving us the thumbs up. And, yes, it does pump you up...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had very little motivation this year till last weekend when my girls (6 and 7) asked 'what you going to make this year daddy? Wow that motivated me. We just finished an spider. Neighbors came by while I was setting it ontop of a large jack in the box. Both afraid of spiders but they said they like it.

Nothing motivates like making your neighbor smile and shiver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts