Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having a rough time at work lately, (long Story), took off for my lunch break wanting to go hang out at the coffee shop and play on the laptop, well luckily I missed my turn and ended up stopping by the salvation army store. As I walk in there is a Orange Tupperware container filled with spiderweb. (you can never have enough) so I ask the sales clerk, how much per bag. She tells me that she will sell them to me a quarter a bag.

So here I am counting the bags out, 9 bucks worth, when over she walks to tell me that she has another container in the back filled with random stuff. OOOOOO go get it please. Here is she comes with another tote filled. Lets see 2 gigantic skull lanterns, various bones, 1 fog mister still in box, huge glass bowl, another 40 bags of spiderweb, and a few small things. I look at her and say I want everything will you take 10 bucks, she looks at me and says sure. I ran to the car with everything, not looking back. One of the skull lanterns has 30 bucks on the box. The water mister alone new costs 20 bucks.

Ok fast forward through the rest of my crappy day, later in the evening we took my daughter and niece to the Halloween Easter egg hunt at the park. This was also the first night for the haunted trail. Here I am the only parent out there dressed up (as a witch), then the next thing I know there is a guy asking to take my photo with the kids. WOO HOO, so we get to talking and he is the art teacher from the local college. After talking to the guy for a few minutes , I asked for a behind the scenes tour and he said yes... So we talked about my haunted yard and he was telling me the scenes were set up by the college art class. Each student paired with another student, and had to plan, design, implement, work each scene, then get graded on it. dude I want to go through that class.

Here I am dressed as a witch (still daylight) getting the behind the scenes tour, man it was like Christmas for me. I got to stop and talk with the actors and actually tried to give them some encouraging words.

My thoughts on the displays and scenes were, you could tell that the kids rushed to pull a set together. Some had really thought about what they wanted, while others had very little to work with. No one said what the spending limit had been, but I did here that they only had 12 hours to pull everything together. Overall the length of the trail was good, some of the scenes did have very good scare tactics.

Anyways wasn't able to stay to go through it when it opened, but wanted to share with you how my day was.

·
Curator of the random
652 Posts
I am soooo jealous! lol Seriously the two certainties that I can look forward to are limited display space overall, and an almost non-existent budget. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go out ant tend to my graves. I had surprisingly less damage to my haunt than even I expected,. Still tomorrow is THE day, so I mustn't dawdle...

·
Curator of the random
652 Posts
The Halloween gods were smiling on you. I am going to google thrift stores in my area to see if there are any that I missed.
...and apparently whomever owned all that merchandise angered them, but that's okay, it what makes for a balanced universe....:D

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Talk about being at the right place at the right time. And dressed for the event. lol Way to go. It's nice when things come together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts