Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I prefer the following albums:

"Hellbilly Deluxe" - Rob Zombie (Metal)
"Hallowicked Compilation" - Insane Clown Posse (Horrorcore)
"Fright Fest 2003 EP" - Twiztid (Horrorcore)
"Fright Fest 2005 EP" - Twiztid (Horrorcore)
"Blood Lush" - Anders Manga (Goth)
"DeadraveN" - DeadraveN (Goth)

Can anybody think of any more?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm kinda into Halloween music that has a more retro feel to it. Recently I discovered the Moon-Rays, which I gotta admit is a throwback to many of the great, campy albums from 40+ years ago with a cool, jazzy flavor. The difference is, these guys also have talent!

Check their samples out on MySpace!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm old school.

Spike Jones - A Spooktacular in Screaming Sound (1959)
Sheldon Allman - Sing Along With Drac (1960)
Mort Garson - Black Mass_ Lucifer (1971)
Boris Karloff - Tales of the Frightened (1963)
Famous Monsters Speak! (1963)
Vincent Price - A Graveyard of Ghost Tales (1974)
Verne Langdon - Phantom of the Organ - Vampyre at the Harpsicord (1973)
The Haunted House (20 Tracks To Make You Jump In The Night) (2000)
Sounds To Make You Shiver! Bloodcurdling! Terror! Horror! (1974)
Boris Karloff - An Evening With Boris Karloff And His Friends (1968)

That's a start.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Type O Negative- October Rust owns all. If this doesn't move you into a fall/Halloween mood you're dead inside. Check out Bloody Kisses too. The song would be Black No.1
Have a bottle of red wine handy.

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
For me...

Memphis Morticians - Play Primitive Trashman And 13 Other Love Songs
Brimstones - Spend Eternity With The Brimstones
Ghastly Ones - A Haunting We Will Go-Go
Ghastly Ones - Traget: Draculon
Cramps - Songs The Lord Taught Us
Cramps - Psychedelic Jungle
Nekromantix - Return Of The Loving Dead
Meteors - Teenagers From Outer Space
Misfits Collection I/II
V.A. - Monster Bop
V.A. - Horror Hop
V.A. - Monster Rock N' Roll
V.A. - Halloween Hootenanny

I also really like to make my on Halloween compilations with horror movie clips, drive-in ads and the like.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For me...

Memphis Morticians - Play Primitive Trashman And 13 Other Love Songs
Brimstones - Spend Eternity With The Brimstones
Ghastly Ones - A Haunting We Will Go-Go
Ghastly Ones - Traget: Draculon
Cramps - Songs The Lord Taught Us
Cramps - Psychedelic Jungle
Nekromantix - Return Of The Loving Dead
Meteors - Teenagers From Outer Space
Misfits Collection I/II
V.A. - Monster Bop
V.A. - Horror Hop
V.A. - Monster Rock N' Roll
V.A. - Halloween Hootenanny

I also really like to make my on Halloween compilations with horror movie clips, drive-in ads and the like.

Great recommendations, I had the pleasure of seeing the Nekromantix a few weeks back, one of the best shows I've been to in a few years.

Psychobilly and Halloween definitely go hand in hand.

I'd like to suggest another Nekromantix Album, Brought Back to Life.

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
Great recommendations, I had the pleasure of seeing the Nekromantix a few weeks back, one of the best shows I've been to in a few years.

Psychobilly and Halloween definitely go hand in hand.

I'd like to suggest another Nekromantix Album, Brought Back to Life.
Yes, that one is good as well. "Curse Of The Coffin" is very good to. I have seen them twice, one with the "Return Of The Loving Dead" line up and they were pretty good and another time with one of the newer line ups and they were not so good. I haven’t really been into anything they have done since "Return Of The Loving Dead".

If you dig Psychobilly you should check out the Gutter Demons, maybe you already have but they are really great. Their last two albums are constantly in rotation in my car and house. Two of the best Psychobilly albums to come out in years!!!

You also might wanna check out the Tombstone Brawlers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well for my haunt, I have used a combination of songs from Silent Hill soundtracks. In case you don't know, Silent Hill is a video game series that was also made into a movie. There are a total of 6 soundtracks and the songs range from grinding metallic sound effects to full instrumental songs with vocals. I only use the more mechanical creepy tracks for my haunt.

-Scott
Haunter's Headquarters

·
E Pluribus Bitum
885 Posts
Funny how many albums mentioned here are daily listening for some of us, and not relegated to Halloween at all.

But then I listen to Halloween-themed stuff year around.

The only thing I tend to keep for Halloween only are sound effect albums- the Disney ones are my favorite, followed by Martha Stewart's Halloween sounds, a great CD of one long spooky sounds track.

I have a Manheim Steamroller Halloween album I have yet to listen to, but I hear great things about it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The one Halloween album I refuse to bust out except during October is Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. Love it. Most Halloween music I can listen to all year long, but I confess that the sound effects albums don't really work for me until autumn.

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
Funny how many albums mentioned here are daily listening for some of us, and not relegated to Halloween at all.

But then I listen to Halloween-themed stuff year around.

The only thing I tend to keep for Halloween only are sound effect albums- the Disney ones are my favorite, followed by Martha Stewart's Halloween sounds, a great CD of one long spooky sounds track.

I have a Manheim Steamroller Halloween album I have yet to listen to, but I hear great things about it.
All the albums I listed get plenty of play all year round in my house/car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Old Misfits/Samhain
Helloween- The Best The Rest The Rare
The Disney records

I made a comp cd a few years back that i play at halloween, it has music from popular horror movies as well as stuff downloaded from the net. I've found that most of the cds you buy at the store suck pretty bad, so i just make my own.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There are three Gothabilly comps that are great, all from Skully records and somewhat difficult to find but well worth the hunt. I can't remember them all but one of them has the subtitle "Rockin' Necropolis". I also like anything by Deep Eynde but I'm partial since their drummer's a friend of mine.

Of course the Disney Haunted Mansion stuff (park soundtracks, Chilling Thrilling, etc., Story and Song) always works! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts