Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, So my wife hates to post pics our work because she feels our stuff is never good enough to compete with some of the awesomeness people do in the forums... so I am... we set up last weekend because of the weather we knew was going to hitting us this week.. (it didn't happen though) so.. let me know what ya think.. also we have yet to put out our animatronics and people... we are a little behind on them right now... :rolleyes: We will take more once we get the people up and the final touches this weekend..

Halloween 2009 Photos

new pics go to page 3, I need to sort out the 2009 pics from previous years.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Are you kidding me??? She thinks your stuff isn't good enough??? WOW! She must have some mighty high expectations because your stuff is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Your good lady is correct in saying that there are some awesome props created by the talented people that haunt this (and other) forums.
Your tombstones, however, rank with some of the best I've seen anywhere.

You are quite right in wanting to show them off...Great work.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
I donh't know what your wife is talking about. Your props and graveyard look great. There are some stones I would like to barrow ideas from!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Your haunt looks great. One thing I can defintely say is I have never heard anyone one this forum criticize anyone elses work. Many helpful suggestions but never any put downs. Your tombstones are great and I love the organ and figure. I love the Rusty and Pearl Stone especially.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks guys.. I made my wife read the replies... she loved the replies and I think it made her feel better about her work... She built all the tombstones minus the few that say RIP (last store bought tombstones we have) She is currently in the process of paper mache zombie\corpse making. The pillars and fence were my job along with the organ... like I said in an earlier post our people should go out this weekend.. I hope..

·
Reaper Queen
8,740 Posts
fabulous tombstones and graveyard! great painting on all of them! I agree with Thorn Kill Creek,about the rusty and Pearl E. Gates stone, love the names, picture on it, and the shape,
can't wait to see it with the final details put in!

·
Registered
622 Posts
OMG... I love your tommbstones and the pillars with the urns on top are awsome. My favourite of your tombstones is the "Rusty & Pearl E. Gates". How did you make it look so much like stone?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
OMG... I love your tommbstones and the pillars with the urns on top are awsome. My favourite of your tombstones is the "Rusty & Pearl E. Gates". How did you make it look so much like stone?
The Rusty and Pearl E. is coated first with a base latex coat over th XPS, but then the final coat is using the Stone Spray in a can (rust-o-leum brand). The most important thing to make sure after you coat it, is to use the Stone Spray sealant... before you seal it, do all your weathering to it... the sealant seems to be a little different than a regular flat clear coat which is used after the stone sealant.

·
Registered
141 Posts
your haunt isnt good enough? Well that makes my haunt look like a chimps teaparty. Be proud of what you have! You have obviously taken inspiration from the best and not only made it your own, but made it fantastic!

I hope my set up looks half as good as yours.. who am I kidding, I hope it looks 1/4 as good as yours.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
your haunt isnt good enough? Well that makes my haunt look like a chimps teaparty. Be proud of what you have! You have obviously taken inspiration from the best and not only made it your own, but made it fantastic!

I hope my set up looks half as good as yours.. who am I kidding, I hope it looks 1/4 as good as yours.
I think its a complex or something, my wife always says she has no creative ability.. well I know better but trying to convince her otherwise has been a task ever since we first met years ago.. lol...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts