Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if there are any of you guys are from michigan you can feel my pain on this one. For about the first half of this month it has been October weather . perfect for pumpkin drinks, cider, jacket and all that make the season great. But, at the end of every October comes the scariest thing of all and at the end of this pseudo October? Summer... with vengeance! Thought I'd share a quick horror story.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm in Southwestern, Ontario. The last few days have been glorious! Hasn't got more than high teens (Celsius) and it's been definitely "light jacket" weather. Nights got down below 10! We were out for a walk earlier this week and I was commenting how big of a tease this was for Fall! :) Alas, the humidity is scheduled to return today and it will be near 30C the next week.

I have to say, this Summer has been quite bearable compared to others. Nights cool down quite nicely and it hasn't gotten over 30C very much with the humidity...Some Summers are consistently mid-30s or even low 40s! However, I am hoping there won't be payback with an upcoming Indian Summer - I simply detest those! It is so disappointing waiting all mid-year for cool, crisp Autumn days, only to have an unnatural heat wave break out. There's something very disturbing about having to turn the air conditioner on while our Thanksgiving turkey is in the oven mid-October...LOL.

Fall will come. It always does :) Those 'teaser' days in Summer make the heart grow that much fonder!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Down here in Virginia, it's been fairly cool, too, like 60's at night. I LOVE fall, but I hate winter so I'm really hoping this isn't a sign that winter is going to start early this year. It's been a mild summer here, too. We're usually seeing temperatures in the 100's right now, and it's just been upper 80's and low 90's. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I always count on chilly, but comfortable weather in October, so I hope by then it's not too cold for my outdoor party. Sorry, Daytek, I don't know Celsius. It sounds extremely cold.

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
It's been fairly mild here in the nc/southern va area as well. Though we have had what I consider "scorcher days" in the upper 80's and 90's. But I absolutely detest the summer time. I walk around all summer with grumpy cat face lol, I'm extremely hot natured so I require chilly/cold weather :)

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
While I don't like hot weather I HATE winter and that polar vortex is still fresh in my mind so I am not in a rush for halloween to get here(don't hate me ;) )
We've had a mild summer in IN and I notice the wind is still swirling in the vortex pattern on the weather maps so I am terrified we are in for much worse this year.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
While I don't like hot weather I HATE winter and that polar vortex is still fresh in my mind so I am not in a rush for halloween to get here(don't hate me ;) )
I feel the same way. After last winter I'm in no rush for fall. It took till probably the end of April before the trees around here even got their leaves. Right now I've got a sweatshirt on and I think the kids have been in the pool maybe twice this month. Just thinking that's it's almost Sept. already is making me feel even colder.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love the fall, as it means I can finally go outside without breaking a sweat. We hit 99 degrees, yesterday...I'm tired of it. I need to move somewhere that has seasons that aren't Summer, Still Summer, Winter, Almost Summer.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Summer here in Texas hasn't been too brutal. And by "brutal" I mean we haven't had an entire month of 100 degree weather. So, I'm hoping this fall will be nice. Right now I'm actually listening to some Halloween music and enjoying the rain outside....I can almost pretend it's fall! :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm ready for fall. I like fall and winter. I like snow and boots and scarves. I'm in MD and we usually have 3 months of decent fall weather (althoyght 3 years ago it snowed on Halloween and they canceled the parade) It was cold here and I loved every minute of it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Summer here in Texas hasn't been too brutal. And by "brutal" I mean we haven't had an entire month of 100 degree weather. So, I'm hoping this fall will be nice. Right now I'm actually listening to some Halloween music and enjoying the rain outside....I can almost pretend it's fall! :)
We set a couple records this summer, but then a couple of them were due to some massive cold fronts that came through, a high in the 70's in July is amazing.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
At 95F+, we're nowhere near "almost fall" here as far as a good part of the nation is concerned, but we are slated to be in the high 80s two days next week, and yes, that will feel like almost fall to me. :D October is really the month when the severe heat releases its stranglehold, and we do have leaves that change color here in SoCal, contrary to popular belief. I know when we have those days in the 80s, it will be almost-fall for me. Hanging in there, about six more weeks until our autumn comes! (ETA: except for the trees, which will start to change in the next three weeks or so.)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Some of the local trees have these five-pointed seed pods with crunchy seeds in them...these pods all fall off the trees ("FALL"), and then there are piles of them all over the sidewalk and such. And stepping on them, and feeling them snap and crunch, is one of my first almost-fall activities. it's hard to describe the experience of it but walking on these pods is just a lot of fun and it's, like, nature, you know? ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
I live in the deep South and the various flashes of cooler weather we have had this summer, are most welcome to me.

I am beginning to see the odd yellow, fallen leaf here and there, and I live for that stuff. YEEEESSSSS

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Some of the local trees have these five-pointed seed pods with crunchy seeds in them...these pods all fall off the trees ("FALL"), and then there are piles of them all over the sidewalk and such. And stepping on them, and feeling them snap and crunch, is one of my first almost-fall activities. it's hard to describe the experience of it but walking on these pods is just a lot of fun and it's, like, nature, you know? ;)
Liquidambar (sweetgum)? :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What's even more interesting is that out here summer and fall are fighting . It's the most awkward (but appreciated) august ever. I anxiously check the weather stats everyday to see a tend in either lowering heat or for a cooler temperature to stagnate. I'm not saying I want it deathly cold either as I am fairly small. But the beginning of those autumn days... Like a red-orange mistress that always has my eyes.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm in SE Mich and have been LOVING the weather!! It's like October without the random snow.

Well, if there are any of you guys are from michigan you can feel my pain on this one. For about the first half of this month it has been October weather . perfect for pumpkin drinks, cider, jacket and all that make the season great. But, at the end of every October comes the scariest thing of all and at the end of this pseudo October? Summer... with vengeance! Thought I'd share a quick horror story.
Im

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
20 Participants
HalloGeekHalfrican
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing