Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its has begun!!! My family started the custom of celebrating the 100 days of Halloween last year. It is quite the undertaking. The point is to try and make sure that you set aside a small amount of time to partake in a spooky activity every day. Last night we started off by watching The Little Rascals "Hide and Shriek" short followed by "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad". Tonight we will likely build the playlists of Halloween music and stories for the season. Does anyone else have a similar custom?

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is such an awesome idea! Last year I finally got my decorations up pretty early and it really helped to get me more in the mood for Halloween.

I second that you share what you do every day so we can get better ideas. :)

Reactions: Derdnik

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A daily update. I shall try. Last night we looked up a couple of trick or treat safety from 1977 and 1985. Followed by Dracula Dead and Loving it. Tonight is Son of Dracula on Svengoolie. Preceded by a Halloween playlist dance party for my littles.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
This is a great idea! I'll have to do this with my daughter when she gets a little older.

I kinda done something something similar while I was on bed rest during my pregnancy. I think I watched every horror movie, Twilight Zone, X-Files and Dark Shadows episode I own. Not to mention the pages I filled with ideas in my Halloween notebook.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sunday was quite the busy errand day so the activity was limited to Ghost Stories in the car. Tonight we plan to have a haunted house drawing contest. I will upload the winning drawing :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On day 4 we had our haunted house drawing contest. My wife won it pretty handily. We had 30 minutes and only pencils. Here is the winner

20150728_062546.jpg

Tonight we hope to find Disneys Halloween Treat but the littles are a bit mopey. We did listen to a Halloween playlist earlier so Im still on track.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I have also always liked Halloween.. a lot. I celebrate it every night,approaching every night for 28 years.
I really do try to not scare people so they won't come back,but then it's not just "Me" here scaring people, you know.
Ghosts do what they do,when they need to do it,whatever "It" might be.
My first house tour tonight was very short because the Mother said her two kids were getting too scared,but later after she sent her kids to the car,she told me that ghosts follow her all the time,then make her heart beat differently, to let her know.. they are there.
She told me quite an unusual story tonight. I will be putting it on the part of this site where ghost stories go.

Reactions: Derdnik

·
Registered
293 Posts
I wish I had the energy to start an idea like this, then actually see it through. I can barely get through my 31 days of Halloween in October! I'm like that with everything, tho. I get very gung-ho at the beginning, but then miss a day or two, then totally forget to do anything after a week or so.

I love the idea of the haunted house drawing contest. How creative and fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts