Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to take a minute to say thank you all for the ideas and advice. My party would not have been as great without you guys. Thanks again for everything guys. The mummy game and apple bobbing were a huge hit with my cubscouts. I did finally decide to go with black plastic sheeting for the floor and it wasn't slippery at all. It was also really cheap I paid just under $9 for a roll that did an entire room's floor (and it was a huge huge room :a quarter of the size of my house even::)

The food for the party was a huge hit.

My son's Calob and Drake enjoying the apple bobbing..... poor Drake was the only one to not get an apple and he tried again after everyone went through and got one... tho I think he cheated shhhhhh. :p

my son Drake playing pin the nose on the pumpkin .. my daughter Ariel is in the pumpkin costume helping the kids with the game.

And the biggest hit of the night was when the boys wrapped me in tissue paper and turned me into a mummy. They had a blast.

and finally my son's in their Cub Scout uniforms in front of my Halloween tree (note it has a big gaping hole in it I didn't notice as my cats were loving the tree a bit too much

·
Registered
814 Posts
note it has a big gaping hole in it I didn't notice as my cats were loving the tree a bit too much
OMG! to funny...

Awesome pictures...looks like the kids had a great time...food looks yummy too!:)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
oh cool! I wish someone had done a Halloween party when I was little that did stuff like that! I'll bet the kids had so much fun!

Apple bobbing!!!!! YEAH!:D (sorry, but I always wanted to do that, but doubt any of the adults would try it now :( )

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the great compliments. The food was good I just wish I had had more time to get it all done it always seems that way doesn't it? I just kept having to do so much stuff that I gave in and bought store made cupcakes and cookies and lots of things were left in bags instead of out looking nice like I intended (including my chocolate covered pretzel rods), and I got tons of fruit for my chocolate fountain, and didn't get a chance to get to the store to get the chocloate like I thought I would :( but everything was still yummy so that's ok I guess just something to strive for next year. :)

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Thanks guys for all the great compliments. The food was good I just wish I had had more time to get it all done it always seems that way doesn't it? I just kept having to do so much stuff that I gave in and bought store made cupcakes and cookies and lots of things were left in bags instead of out looking nice like I intended (including my chocolate covered pretzel rods), and I got tons of fruit for my chocolate fountain, and didn't get a chance to get to the store to get the chocloate like I thought I would :( but everything was still yummy so that's ok I guess just something to strive for next year. :)

Gothikren- you got all the important parts RIGHT this year. those kids,while I am sure they would have liked the chocolate, HAD A BLAST. Your place looked wonderful and you (and your family) looked like you did tons and tons of planning and prepration and "worrying" about how it was all gonna come out. Strive to get it ALL done perfectly next year? Ah shuck, Ren....Can't get more perfect than what it looks. Apple bobbing ? that's top notch party stuff there. Rikki your right, the adults ....we miss out because we are too worried about the floor, our makeup and costumess....But Ren's kids...
I am positive they had a blast !

BTW- love the eyeliner you sent me, Ren....hee hee....Thanks again SR . Enjoyed all your gifts.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You and Rikki are so right. None of my parents were into the idea of bobbing for apples and tho I offered they didn't, and sadly I just didn't get around to it either... by the time all the kids did their stuff and left and we let the dogs in they decided the huge tub of water was for drinking and I didn't get the chance. (LOL) But you guys are right the kids had a great time. Even the oldest webelos (He's going into Jr High Next year) broke down and had fun when he saw my son and friend (who are older) jumping into the fun doing the mummy wrap. All in all it was more successful than most of the parties I try to throw for adults. BTW I'm glad you're happy with the eyeliner :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts