Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to thank Halloween Forum for giving me the ideas, tools, and plans on how to UPGRADE my yard. I discovered this site after Halloween last year and I at the time thought my yard was great. Then I started looking at other peoples haunts and decided to up my game.

I secondly wanted to thank the people for giving me the courage to say forget the neighbors and go big or go home. I don't have any pics of my yard at night yet, (haven't lit up my yard just yet.) But here are some daylight pics.

Please go and see my 2008 album to compare the difference. THANK YOU[

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,482 Posts
I love the fish on the line - that is a cute touch! :D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Awesome!

Anxious to see how it's lit at night.
Will you be using color flood lights or the smaller led spot lights? Guessing you'll be using a fog chiller to make it more mysterious?

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haunty, will do a little bit of both for the lights.
I do have a fog chiller but not sure what scene to use it in. I am going to test it out. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well I must say I am extremely jealous and inspired by your pirate yarrrd!

Awesome props! The chest is amazing work - GREAT job on that! Did you also make the other props?

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Erin, I've never followed a "theme" per se, but that Pirate Yard looks like a scream! I especially like the Treasure Chest.

And you're so right. Finding this Forum is a real tonic, a new lease. Knowing that you're NOT the only demented one out there on October 31st. is such a relief. I came across it five years ago. Nowhere near as many members back then, but it gave me a second wind.

Have a look at this as well -

Monster Page of Halloween Project Links

for further inspiration.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Really nice display Erin! So THAT'S why I haven't seen you on the boards much haha
Did you ever get your mermaid from Bear? Dont see it in your display. Was wondering how it came out.

MsM

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Great job Erin, been a busy little spook now haven't ya! I'd use the chiller by the captain at the wheel, but that's just my opinion.

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Warlord, yes I made the ships wheel out of table legs and a garden wheel. The treasure chest I handpainted and put in a faux shelf. The mast is made out of pvc pipe and a Christmas tree stand! I sprayed painted it with a metal color spray and secured it to a pallet that I stained to match the color of the wheel. I did a ton of work in the details that you can't see off hand. Taken a year of collecting and working and I already have ideas for next year!
My yard is no where near greatness I have seen some amazing things on here. But thank you for the compliments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Erin, I've never followed a "theme" per se, but that Pirate Yard looks like a scream! I especially like the Treasure Chest.

And you're so right. Finding this Forum is a real tonic, a new lease. Knowing that you're NOT the only demented one out there on October 31st. is such a relief. I came across it five years ago. Nowhere near as many members back then, but it gave me a second wind.

Have a look at this as well -

Monster Page of Halloween Project Links

for further inspiration.
I Agree completely Wolfman. this site is so much fun to read, and its a relief to know that I'm not the only crazy Halloween fanatic. There are so many people with so many good Ideas on here!
And to add to the resources list, INSTRUCTABLES.COM! You can pretty much find anything on there, and if you cant find something, all you need to do is ask and someone will eventually answer it.
plus you can post your how tos as well! all for free!
puts a smile on my face every time I go there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts