Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I'm thinking is that those of us who want to, should privately share some kinda contact info with one or two of our friends on here in case somebody goes missing for a length of time without posting that they'll be away....have we talked about this before?

Anyway, I'm not posting as much right now because we stay so busy, but I do still check in. I'm mainly living in visitor messages at the moment. ;) If I didn't log on for more than two weeks though, it'd be unusual if I hadn't told anyone I was going to be absent for a while. If something happened to just me personally (knockin' on wood), then my husband, username Jack Russell, could let y'all know what's up, but, if we were having computer problems or something else was going on, there are a couple of girls here who have my home and cell numbers and could call if need be.

Point being, if somebody goes missing and there's nothing to worry about, then that could be confirmed for the rest of us who would otherwise get concerned about you...if there IS something to worry about, maybe we could help or at least be sending out good thoughts..

Had to bring this up in light of our recent MIA friend who thankfully, is back around. Not naming any names, but I will say it rhymes with Cookie. ;)

Do y'all think this would be a good idea?

·
SuperBeast
1,641 Posts
I searched the entire member list and couldn't find ANYONE that rhymes with 'cookie'.:p:D:eek:

OK!! Here goes.....

TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS ON THIS FORUM WHOM I DIDN'T REALIZE WOULD NOTICE IF I CAME UP MISSING

I'M VERY, VERY SORRY FOR MY INDISCRETION, AND I BEG AND PLEAD FOR FORGIVENESS!!!:(

I PROMISE it will not happen again. And just to be sure, I'm am sending a few members of this forum as much contact information as I can dig up, just shy of my social security number and current weight.:D

sorry Mrs. Strode..:eek::(:eek::(

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Good idea Laurie. Something would have to happen to me personally to keep me away. In that case I have some phone #'s and some have mine as well. I would definitely send a text or something to those people. If I couldn't I would demand my family contact someone (don't think they'd know how to use the forum). Hell I'd have them use snail mail since i have even more people's addresses.

·
Registered
574 Posts
another forum i belong to has these...we print them out and keep them in our wallets. well ok not everyone prints them out. the language is 18+

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/ladyalthea/deathfazed.jpg
An idea which deserves to be resurrected... Did you know that some social organizations in the 1800's and early 1900's had their members carry a "death coin"? The coins were inscribed with the name of the organization, the name of the member, contact information for the lodge to which he belonged, and a promise to pay for the burial if the member ended up dead somewhere away from home.

Craig

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
An idea which deserves to be resurrected... Did you know that some social organizations in the 1800's and early 1900's had their members carry a "death coin"? The coins were inscribed with the name of the organization, the name of the member, contact information for the lodge to which he belonged, and a promise to pay for the burial if the member ended up dead somewhere away from home.

Craig
That's some pretty interesting information. I love the card. I would gladly carry a card or coin if all you guys agree to pay for my burial. Of course I want something lavish...no ordinary funeral for me! Just kidding...it's nice to have such a large family who keeps an eye on you and notices when something has changed that signals a need to reach out to someone. What a great bonus of being a member of this forum.

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
I agree. Great idea.
Someone could fall off a ladder hanging decorations and who would know they are in the hospital. I had surgery in '05 and was off the sites for a while and was surprised how many people had missed me. It was very sweet.
Only problem with having such a big "family" is if I win the lotto......
;) ;)

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Laurie great idea. I have some numbers of certain members on here who shall remain nameless even though they were gone for like a year and kept us all wondering if he was dead or alive, and had us worried sick, ........along with a few others. I have given my numbers out to a few as well. I have also instructed my husband should I end up missing he is to get on here right away and inform my peeps. He is instructed to open an account as Mr. Spookilicious:) So if you ever see a Mr. Spookilicious sign on, well that means im........well you know:(

·
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Laurie great idea. I have some numbers of certain members on here who shall remain nameless even though they were gone for like a year and kept us all wondering if he was dead or alive, and had us worried sick, ........along with a few others. I have given my numbers out to a few as well. I have also instructed my husband should I end up missing he is to get on here right away and inform my peeps. He is instructed to open an account as Mr. Spookilicious:) So if you ever see a Mr. Spookilicious sign on, well that means im........well you know:(

Now...who are you talking about Spooky?? ;) :D

I'm very glad this Buddy System is taking off y'all, it makes me feel better to know we can't just lose you guys!

Laurie-I very much like that idea! I've been wondering what I am going to do when I go into labor.

Would you be my EBB? :) Pretty Please :D
Why, OF COURSE! I shall send you some info via pm! :D

·
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, I guess this is as good a thread as any to say that after today, y'all aren't gonna see me through this weekend and next week. But there's NO WORRIES...it's just that my husband and I have the weekend off together this weekend, so I want to spend time with him (could there be a.....a DATE NIGHT in the works??!! :eek:) Also, next week is Thanksgiving madness and family time. I'll be just fine. :) But I surely hope all of you have a wonderful holiday as well!!

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
I've often pondered this dilemma. If something was to happen to me would my family be in the state of mind to create an account and let you guys know. Maybe we should create a sort of email/phone tree list where the member or their family could email or call the people on the list.

·
Reaper Queen
8,799 Posts
I have told my son if something happens to let the forum know, not under a new account though, good idea, and Laurie, that is a great idea, I have asked in chat a couple of times what everyone thought about it, as well as to others, it is great you got this going!!

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Laurie-I very much like that idea! I've been wondering what I am going to do when I go into labor.

Would you be my EBB? :) Pretty Please :D

Well where in the h-e-double toothpicks (as Hooch would say) have I been Jackie? When are you going into labor? Can I come, I heard it's a really cool amusement park (giggle). Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS! When is the baby due, boy or girl, maybe both? name? are you sharing? You would never know this from my posts, but I LOVE babies!

1 - 20 of 139 Posts