Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had so much fun last night! Things went really well and the kids (and parents) kept making comments about how cool it was. Many repeats (some over and over again).

The biggest hit was the dot room. I didn't move until they were all the way in and then BLAM! I moved towards them quick. Not only did I get the kids good but the parents too. That was funny!

Anyways, here's my video walk-thru. I did this after all the kids left (sound up):

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone :) It was a blast.

PushEject: Unfortunately, no shots of me in the dot room, I'm the picture taker and we were so busy, there was no chance the werewolf (hubby) could get a shot of me in there. Then, after it was all done, we were just so tired. So I took the video, a few shots and we had a big 'ole Margarita :)

Tumblindice: This was my first year for a dot room and I was very surprised at how effective it is. Basically, you use florescent paint and blacklights. My costume matches the fluorescent dots in the room. I stand perfectly still and I seriously just disappear. Time after time I was only 3 feet from them and they would look right at me and still not see me. When they were moving on was when I lunged toward them with a big bark..."Want a treat?" and hold out the candy. They almost always jumped and screamed. Hee hee...fun!

Don't know if it's a ultraviolet thing or what but it seems you lose depth perception. I think that same idea is what makes the flying crank ghost look like it is closer than it really is. I will certainly do the dot room again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts