Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 120 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I just wanted to drop a quick public note to say thanks to "Terra" for her kindness, generosity and willingness to trust me as the curator of her personal treasures. It was a quite a production getting everything in order to make the move from over two states away (in some ways it’s not over), but it was definitely worth the trouble. Now a whole new gathering of kids and families will know her talents — and hopefully we'll make a bigger difference with our charitable endeavors.

As I've said to Terra, it's been a high point in my life to have met her, be entrusted with her artwork, and to be called her friend. So again, thank you — and for those of you wondering, yes she is as sweet in person as she is in all her videos.

Co-curator in training poses with Terra's Hell Horse, Beloved and a selection of tombstones.
Oh Eric, that was so very sweet of you to have the Devil pose with the props :). This is now my favorite Halloween picture. Adorable!!! After all the hoops and roadblocks that had to be overcome to get these props to you - to get that picture means the world to me. So happy that I found you to take care of them and let me know if you ever need any help with the events you are planning :)

Congratulations Terra! Best of luck to you and your hubby! :D
Thank you!

Congratulations Terra! Best of luck to you and your hubby! you will always be the queen of the foam an the coolest haunter i know hope you still get to make lots of props an things
Thanks and I hope so too. Not sure if I can get my favorite 1 1/2" pink foam so I'm having the movers bring four sheets with us - just to be sure I have a supply.

Wishing you & your hubby all the best on the new chapter of your life. :) You (& Beloved) were the reason I joined this forum. :)
Hoping you continue posting tutorials, so I can continue to steal your ideas. :D :D
CreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepyCathy, you are one of my most important inspirations to keep those tutorials flowing. Have always loved your support and comments over the years.

I saw your video on Facebook. Congrats. I'm glad the props are going to a useful cause.

I think it's a sign that the anti-Halloween movement isn't as prominent, with churches all over the country, doing haunts as fundraisers
Heck, I kind of think that the legend that churches don't like haunts is quite overblown. There are many, many churches that run haunts. Hope to find one in Texas to help out :)

its a sad day on HF. Im bummed that we are/were both in KC and was hoping one day we could meet and share halloween ideas and learn first hand some of your great techniques. Its one thing to watch a video of something but much better to witness in person. Congrats on the move, sounds like you are very happy about texas and thats great. Good luck.
Yesh, it's been tough to leave my Kansas friends. Going to KreepFest in Harrisionville was always a hoot and there is a new Kansas Make & Take group that's forming that looks to become a very strong group fast. But, after this brutal winter and coooold spring.... Texas, here I come!

Congratulations on the move south Terra!

I am a Midwest transplant (Iowa farmboy) and do not miss those long winters at all.

I hope that you and the hubby enjoy the warmer weather and the lack of snow on Halloween here in Texas.

Here are a few things to know:
-Any kind of cola or pop is call Coke...no matter the brand.
-Supper is now Dinner.
-Instead of "Hey Guys" or "What's Up", it is "How y'all Doing".
-Texas BBQ is "THE BEST" & beer can chix is one of the first things to learn to cook on the pit.

Oh and the last thing...Mountain Shade Manor, my haunt that I do for St. Judes Children's hospital every year, could always use your help if you are ever in the Houston area. (not sure I would pass up Austin for Houston on Halloween, as I hear it is a BLAST)

Anyway. good luck on the move and I hope that maybe someday I can meet the Queen of the Halloween Forum. Also, that was really cool of you to donate to such a great cause.

PB
Went to Galveston for the first ime last year and loved that place so I hope to visit the Houston area many times in the future. I'll be sure to give you a holler when in town. So, how do I ask for a Dr. Pepper? Do I say, "I'll have a Dr. Pepper Coke?" heheh... this is gonna to be fun. I'm practicing my Ya'lls.

Congratulations to both you and the hubby Terra, and Eric as well! That was an exceptionally kind move, donating your props, and very heartwarming indeed! :D *Big HUG!*

I wish you all the best, & I hope settling into the new abode is as easy as a phantasm floating through the mists! I know I speak for everyone in saying that we can't wait to see the new direction this wind blows you in. Take care, and godspeed. :)
Thank you and hope the move is smooth too. Been packing up our stuff ahead of time and wowzer! that's a boatload of work. Get to see how it survives when we unpack it. (I'll have a calming glass of wine in hand).

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Congrats! I hope the move goes well and you settle in fast. I'm glad you found a good home for your props, but also glad that you kept a couple for sentimental reasons.
Ondeko
Right now, not so sure about keeping the Hell Hound. He is a PITA to crate, lol. Thanks for the well-wishes.

Wishing you all the best. Those TOTs are sooooo going to miss you.
Kind of feel bad for the new owners. Are they going to be for a shock when they see the hoards approach, lol!

Welcome to Texas Terra! It's good to have you here!
So can't wait to become a Texan!

your tots are going 2 miss u big time!

congrats on the retirement as well!

welcome 2 tx!

amk
Thanks very much. I'm happy for hubby that he hit that big 'ole retirement milestone. So far he says he's going to work on his golf game, learn archery and probably bug the crap outta me ;)

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,745 Posts
Terra,

Congrats on the big move. I am happy for you and your husband. It's awesome that he is able to retire and I am sure he is looking forward to his new way of life. I am a little jealous that you are moving somewhere warmer. Our daughter starts college next year so the wife and I have already been talking about the possibility of moving to someplace warmer in the next 5 years. I am nowhere near retirement, but I am already tiring of our winters here. :)

We are another step further this week to getting the new Spider Joints in hand so keep your thinking cap on because I'll be contacting you soon and I am looking forward to getting some out for you to review. :D

Talk to you soon, have a safe trip!

Ryan

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congratulations ! I was so moved when you said you were donating the majority of your props. That was so generous of you and I know your props will live on making others happy and scared at the same time. 😜 You are such an inspiration and I am proud of you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Congrats on the move, sounds wonderful, Austin is a great town. Wishing you the very, very best. Happy to hear the "Terra Collection" has a willing and qualified ambassador to carry on with. Still anticipating your coming tutorials, future artworks.

Wishing you, the very best, the absolute best in your new home.

Jeff

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
Wow, to hear that you'll be closing your haunt is shocking! Austin haunters and charities are very fortunate to be getting your amazing talents. (Florida is warm too Terra). It's nice to sometimes step back and take a breather from all the "work" of Halloween and just enjoy the creative process without all the demands. But I wouldn't give up totally on having a home haunt. With six acres, you could build a permanent structure and have an area haunt attraction. If you build it Terra, they will come.

Wishing you and your hubby the best of luck on your move and all future endeavors. :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Wow, congratulations on the big move! And let me say your hubby looks far too young to be retiring, but all the better for him that he'll get more enjoyment out of it! I wish you the best in all your new endeavors. And hey, we come down to Houston every January for the big Halloween show, so maybe you'll have to come by there! I'm sure we can smuggle you in, lol. You could be our consultant :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Congratulations to you and your husband! Your new home looks beautiful. I know your neighbors will miss the haunt, but hopefully they have now been bitten by the Halloween bug and will put on haunts of their own. I'm so glad you found a good cause to donate your props. You mentioned Eric has something to do with a Girl Scout haunt. I was a G.S. as a child and also adult. I really think my love of Halloween was brought about by a Halloween themed troop meeting where the older girls brought us youngsters into a dark room and told the story of Mr. Brown's body parts and we had to put our hands in bowls of yucky stuff. So its wonderful that the G.S. and other groups will benefit from your generous donation. Best wishes and enjoy the new chapter in your lives!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Let me add my best wishes. With your husband now having nothing to do, there's no telling what astounding props you will be able to create with his full time help. Really appreciate all the tutorials and advice - you've been an inspiration and I look forward to seeing what new creative things spring from your move. As to the six acre setting, look at it this way - what a great "canvas" for your art! Maybe not as many TOT's, but certainly friends, neighbors and geezers ... I mean fellow retirees to share the fun in a much more relaxed way - can you say "adult beverages?". Good luck Terra!

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
I almost kinda cried after watching. Congratulations on your move, husbands retirement, and future endeavours in Texas! That was very nice of you to donate your props and decor to a good cause.

I am a Eagle Scout myself and think donating your props to the Girl Scouts was a wonderful thing to do! Hopefully, your husband will have you a new workshop to keep the dream alive...

I was hoping you were going to say your moving to California. :eek: Here is to wishing you a safe move and to new beginnings! :)

41 - 60 of 120 Posts