Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alrighty. I survived Transworld and I HAD A GREAT TIME! To start off my report, here's a video:

OK, some of the cool ideas gleaned from the video:
Time Stamp 0:28: This was simply a pneumatic cylinder mounted under the center of the octopus and when it extended, made the prop jump up in the air. Brilliant! Made by Fright Props.

Time Stamp 0:39: Another simple prop. Had wires attached to the ends of the tentacles and were pulled by pneumatics in the box. Made by Fright Props.

Time Stamp 0:50: I think they call the mask The Creeper. The chest tentacles are called From Beyond and the last thing is called Brain Muncher. These are made by Monster-Tronics. They also have a Medusa wig (hat).

Time stamp 1:02: These are split LED monitors that make the eyes. Made by Illusionator, Inc.

Time stamp 1:30: Okay, I really, really liked this guy. He's a latex skeleton that has a thick metal rod in it's whole body. All you have to do is nudge it and it has this great creepy motion. I was thinking all you'd have to do is attach a small pneumatic to give it a nudge. It has great aging to it. It was a bit pricey though. About $500. Made by Fright Theatre.

Time Stamp 1:48 to 3:32: This starts the parade of awesome props by NightScream Studios. Recognize some of the work? That's from our fellow member who is the High School teacher.

Time Stamp 4:03 to end: Saved the best for last .... The Scare Factory!
Now, I also took pictures!

The big standouts were the new cheaper version of Bucky called Bargain Basement Barney. He looks to be the same size as Bucky but has paint aging, is much lighter and he's only $45!!!! Here's a picture:

Another picture of Bargain Basement Barney (one behind the guy's arm). Sold by Bucky's Boneyard for $45. The skeleton in the front is called Easy on the Pocket Paul. He is the same style as Barney but child's size and is $26! The tiny skeleton in the middle is called Economy Eddie and is only $12!

OK. Another big find was Haunt Moss:

This is made by Scare Products. It looks like jute netting that had the bottom cross ropes removed and the whole thing dipped in latex. Oak Island Entertainment Group

This is a LED pin light. It has one LED. This is the effect:

Really liked this product. Again made by Scare Products.

OK, I got more pictures so I'm gonna continue my postings......

·
Hauntless
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

This is called Web-Tex by Scare Products. Very cool-looking web material. This would make a good background for spider rooms. It comes in black and fine weaves.

More Web-Tex by Scare Products. These are the different weaves and colors. It's also comes in a smoky clear.

Mirrored Camo Netting by Scare Products. Neat stuff. They suggested using this as the ceiling in a mirror room. Here's the website again for Scare Products made by Oak Island Entertainment Group: Oak Island Entertainment Group

A forest-alien dropper made by Dark Raven Designs. I loved the design of this. This is an animatronic prop that drops from the ceiling. Great scare for a forest room.

This is made by the same guys who made the forest-alien dropper, Dark Raven Designs. This also is an animatronic prop that extend upwards from the base. I just love the design of this monster tree.

My Pet Zombies ground breaker.

One of the My Pet Zombies.

Spider-monkey thingy made by U.C. FAB. It was fully automated and the company is the one who made the cool T-Rex at the new T-Rex Café. They were Disney-like quality animations.

Wildfire blacklight reactive water dye. Sold by blacklight.com

·
Hauntless
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This is made by Beyond the Grave. The price they had for this body form was $240. What really caught my eye was the PVC linkage they used. It you look at the joints they have a tooth edge on both sides. You loosen the screw, move into place and tighten the screw and the tooth edges grab onto each other for a good grip.

Vacuform panels made by NightScream Studios.

These are vacuformed ABS panels made by Nethercraft. Loved them. They make loads of different wall panels too.

Krazy Kristen and a tub ghoul from Distortions Unlimited. Krazy Kristen shook violently. Here's a video..

YouTube - Krazy Kristen

Another animated prop from Distortions Unlimited. This one shook like crazy! Was great :)

·
Hauntless
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

A cool creature from Haunt Visions.

Okay. That's my pictures from the vendors. I also went on a light on tour of a haunt in St. Louis called The Darkness. Got some more great ideas.....

I thought this was a great idea to age vacuform panels. Looked really good!

Another good idea here. They used a lot of lattice ceiling panels to give you that closed in feeling. Also, having the guy right above you was a little scary to walk under.

Foam 'stones' above your head.

Vines made out of camo netting!

Camo and jute netting queue line. Simple!

OK, another very simple idea. The pneumatic cylinder simply pushes the skeleton prop. So, basically it pivots. Simple but very scary and effective movement.

·
Hauntless
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay the last part of The Darkness tour was the highlight of the whole trip. You get handed a pair of 3D glasses and you put them on and walk-through blacklight corridors painted in blacklight paints. Now, here's the surprising part. From what I can gather, red hues of paints advance and blue hues recede when looking at them through 3D glasses. Well, that was an amazing trick!

Here's a picture of the glasses:

That eyeball head looks like it's right in front of you.

The orange footsteps look like they are hovering in the air.

The orange dots hover a foot above the blue ones.

This room really looked like it was on fire. Another point about this is while you move forward it looks like it's moving too.

Hubby almost lost it in here, LOL!

They also put the paints on props and they looked alive! The pink stuff?...bodies in cotton candy....

Props ready for their new assignments.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
ahhhhh thank you sssssssssssoooooooooo much for all these great pictures and videos Terra :) , videos are well done and clear and so are the pictures , i enjoyed looking at them alot , you must of had a great time there lucky you ;) their is so many cool things i like , in your first video the piano that opens full of skellies thats so cool with all the candelabras and the headless horseman on horse .....i also really liked what seems to be a mad scientist old man on a antique looking wheelchair that was neat who made this ???? and Illusionator seem to have some very awsome products ......and those new skeleton are way cool and a very good price , wow so many things ......

·
Shadow box dancer
1,406 Posts
Halloweenforum has just found its field reporter!!! Great job. Lots of inspiration in that. It might have been enough to get me started for 2009. :) Thanks Terra.

·
Child of the Machine
748 Posts
Thank you terra! The pics are amazing!
(Sadly, it says your video is unavailable. I dont know, my youtube has been doing that a lot lately. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?)

This was a really good show!
-Anthony

·
Hauntless
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you terra! The pics are amazing!
(Sadly, it says your video is unavailable. I dont know, my youtube has been doing that a lot lately. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?)

This was a really good show!
-Anthony
Thanks :) I would try loading the video again. I've had that problem time to time and I would reload and it would be okay. I just checked it and it's working good for me.

·
Child of the Machine
748 Posts
Hmm, It's still not working. Tried it on my brother's computer as well, not playing there neither.

Odd.
Dang, I really wanted to see it too. :-\
-Anthony

1 - 20 of 115 Posts