Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we have all seen or made Witch lanterns from jars and latex or paper mache. I wanted to do a version with a weird, gross twist instead of sticking to the tried and true. Last year I was casting and selling copies of a couple of things I sculpted for projects of my own, one of which was an "evil eye", which was basically an eye socket, eye and cheekbone with skin sculpted to look stretched out. It was intended to be used nailed to a wall in a butcher shop display or stretched from ropes or chains in a torture scene reminiscent of Hellraiser. Last year I had been fiddling around with attaching one to a potion bottle, but because the cast was so thick I couldn't get it to conform to the bottle like I wanted, so I sat it aside to work on another time and forgot about it. Come this spring and I'm cleaning and sorting through things in my workshop and I found it in a tote along with some other latex casts that I had either not sold, or that had been bad pulls that I was saving for whatever. As I sat deciding on what to do with it I thought maybe I could combine it with some of the other casts and make a weird skin/face lantern. Got to looking at what other supplies I had and found teeth, hair, latex scraps and plenty of liquid latex that was still good from last year. Even had wire and a power supply on hand. The only thing I had to order was the flicker bulb. Gears started turning and in a quick 2 day build, the Teratoma Lantern was born...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts