Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a tad too personal and in no way on topic , but I can't help be curious , does anyone else have some tension or disquiet in their home life? Aggravating teens, spouse friction , family member irritation? Work stuff you can't help but bring home? Does it affect your mental equilibrium ? Have health repercussions from the stress ? Life is pretty stressful . Family can be a blessing or a toxic curse. Even in its most minor manifestations home life can be a pain in the butt or a headache inducing endurance test. I've noticed quite a few forum members mention a variety of chronic ailments as I'm getting old I have my share. But home life ...it's just a whole different breed of nonsense. So without over sharing ...is it just me? Anyone want to share tips that help you get by and stay sane?-Amy the whynotgrl666

·
Registered
395 Posts
Find someone to vent to. It helps.
Find an escape. Something you enjoy doing. My escape is going to my workshop and just build props and display pieces for Halloween and Christmas, and thinking up new ideas for my display.
Make time for yourself. Even if that means going shopping by yourself. No cell phone, no way for someone to contact you. Again it helps.
Thats all I got hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I just wondered if anyone else had similar stuff at home. I may be feeling a bit trapped or suffocated today but sooner or later I will be left alone and will get a chance to breathe in peace. Lol. * goodness I must be stressed out if I can't spell peace correctly. Lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
My advice is to don't worry be happy. I'm not trying to be flippant, the main thing is to not let life get you down. Shi? happens, and as depressing and irritating as it may be at the time you have to determine if the problem is really as bad as it seems. There are very few problems that can't be solved if you just don't let it get to you and you make an honest effort to find a solution. When I was a kid we lived in "The Projects" and subsisted off of my Moms minimum wage jobs and food stamps. I've been within sight of being homeless so I know how bad it can be.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Well there's always some stress at home - just realizing now that the stuff we're going through now is pretty typical. :)

I just try to segregate the bad stuff. I vent, but I try to limit it because I could easily make that my full time job and then I'd just be toxic all the time. And I'm fortunate enough that I can (mostly) do that with the issues that affect me.

There are definitely situations out there (and my family has experienced their share of em) where the best thing you can do is see a professional counsellor. In those kind of situations the last thing you want to do is just smile and hope things get better. You need support for that kind of thing.

But for the typical stuff, yeah, just try to keep the nastiness from affecting the good stuff, and take some time to enjoy yourself.

It's amazing how the little things can turn your day around though - I remember having a horrible day at the office and standing in line at the fast food place for lunch and the two year-old in front of me turned around, looked me straight in the eye and just beamed - biggest smile I'd ever seen! I thought "I gotta start a company renting out happy two-year olds to stressed out business people!" :)

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
Sometimes I really need some girl time, or just me time. I mean, living in a house with three guys has the scales balanced toward mystery stick and mess. I enjoy solo shopping ventures this time of year. :D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know i know i need to just suck it up .Im just really not good with people and relationships and with humans in general. I still want a an award for not strangling the crap out of someone. Oh if only i was fabulously wealthy and could do as i please.lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
I know i know i need to just suck it up .Im just really not good with people and relationships and with humans in general. I still want a an award for not strangling the crap out of someone. Oh if only i was fabulously wealthy and could do as i please.lol
Granted.
This award "best in composure" is presented to whynotgrl666 for not choking the life out of all who pi$$ her off.
Congratulations, you earned it.

Hope this made you smile.
if not then..............................nipples.
Bet your smiling now.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Granted.
This award "best in composure" is presented to whynotgrl666 for not choking the life out of all who pi$$ her off.
Congratulations, you earned it.

Hope this made you smile.
if not then..............................nipples.
Bet your smiling now.
Yes I am . I am indeed. Thanks ! You've saved countless lives. And cheered me no end.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I set aside one day a week (Wednesday) to do art stuff. I do not cook or clean. I am blessed though to have a wonderful Husband who supports this for me. I work 7 days a week (Pet Hotel owner) and I am so tired and stressed that I have found the one thing that helps is to create. If you are not so blessed as I with support maybe offering your spouse a day to himself as well?

Oh and the biggest everyday stress reliever besides nookie time?.......... a cheap sansa clip thingy that I download free podcast s and listen to when I am working with the dogs here at the hotel or grooming or pulling weeds or doing laundry. That more than anything has lowered my stress level by 80%. If you can afford books from Audible may I humbly suggest the series by Diana Galbadon http://www.dianagabaldon.com/books/outlander-series/ the narrator is amazing and both men and woman are getting into them. Starz is just casting for a tv series. Squeee! cant wait.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, I had some similar experiences growing up... What I mean by that is my Father used to beat the Hell out of when He got drunk. Thankfully stress is just temporary like life, We all have thingumajigs that will bother us till we die. Make do and be happy and have a drink if it helps. Family matters. I am raising four kids all teens so I know what all kind of ruckus they get up too. Btw I still love my dad.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
ive had my brothers kids since the last week or so of june, was taking care of them solo, just me and my hubby till sometime early august when we dropped them back off in texas while they helped finish things up at the condo so they could sell it. me and hubby get a whopping week to ourselves all summer long before my brother and his wife come back up with their kids and move in with us. and here it is middle of september and i STILL dont have my house back. needless to say im losing my mind.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread... you are not alone! I'm going through the same funk now too! It comes and goes. For me, part of it is because the b-friend doesn't help with Halloween stuff and upset about all my obsessions, thinks I'm crazy in general, we don't have much in common, work sux, parents getting old and dad is bipolar / an a$$... we are sure yet, etc.... :/

While I can give the advice to say that you should speak to someone professionally, I haven't done so and therefore can't say "I'm all better and no longer depressed or unhappy".

I get your comment about maybe being alone soon... my main concern about that is... where the heck am I going to decorate for Halloween then!?!?

Cheers to you and hope you are feeling better.

Keep your head up and know that brighter days are just around the corner.
HarleyQuinn07

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
mamadada
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing