Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stolen many great ideas from this forum over the years, but never actually posted. I'm definitely a lurker.
A couple of years ago, I had my brother build me a couple of spinning wheels to use for my annual Halloween party. There is a wheel of "mis"fortune for the adults, and a mini wheel for the kids. They were both painted by a coworker who took pity on me for my lack of artistic skills! I'm sure that I got all of my ideas from this forum, but never posted a picture of the wheels. They really are a hit every year, so I thought I would finally post some pictures!
The big wheel has good luck and "bad" luck symbols on it. There is also a red devil space (which in my book is really bad luck) across from a "Pass" space.
In general, if you land on a good luck space, you get something good, and the opposite for a bad luck space. I usually print out good fortunes/deeds and bad fortunes/deeds, and the spinner gets the corresponding fortune/deed. Again, ideas all stolen from you guys in some form or another!
The kids' wheel of fun has spaces on it like "minute to win it", pop the pumpkin (game with orange balloons in the shape of a pumpkin tacked to a large board), photo booth (they get to go in the "photo booth" and take a picture, riddle (they have to read a riddle/joke out loud), kitty litter (yes, they have to eat from the "kitty litter" box), spin again, donut (they have to eat a little suspended donut off of a string without using their hands), and the most popular, "prize coffin" (where they get a little treat from the prize box).
Anyway, here are the wheels. View attachment 218955

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Love the ideas! I've been wanting to build a wheel for my business & incorporate it into Halloween.... now I have ideas..... thanks so much for sharing!

·
Registered
105 Posts
They look amazing!!

Could you tell me how you did the base or stand for the wheel? I am struggling with ideas on that one and I would prefer to to an upright stand, like you have, as opposed to a large slab of wood.

Thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts