Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having two parties, expect big crowds at both, one for Middle Schoolers and one for High Schoolers...we are playing the tempt your fate game, got lots of great tips from this board, but I am at a loss for the rewards. We have put basically truths or dares on cut up index cards. Plan on making a carnival type balloon pop board with the cards face down behind the balloons. After performing their task, they write their name on the back of he card and drop in the cauldron for a chance to win.....obviously, the more they play, the more chances they have at winning. Of course, playing is optional. But if you choose to play, then you must follow through. If they were to absolutely refuse to follow through, then we were thinking of making a necklace/sign that said something...like maybe "I'm a Chicken." Don't really like that though, any suggestions for this as well?

Is this the best way to go for prizes?
AND...what would be great prizes for teenagers?
How many prizes should be given out?

Also, if you have any more suggestions for embarrassing or silly fates for the teens, send them my way.

TIA

253 Posts
Just off the top of my head I'm thinking that movie tickets might be a good prize for teenagers. Sorry I don't have much more input right now - my brain is fried from working on our haunt all day!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The "grand prize" for teenagers could be a gift certificate to Best Buy (or some place similar) so that they could buy a DVD or CD or something. Smaller prizes could be maybe some sort of magazine (they could choose from a pile) or maybe just a bag of goodies (candy, cookies, etc).

·
Registered
74 Posts
How about if the sign says "I'm the party pooper" :)

As for prizes: Itunes gift cards ($5), starbucks cars ($5), girly socks for girls (great deal at the dollar store), and then as said above...cookies or candy.

Grand Prize: what about tickets to Knotts Halloween Haunt? There are some great coupons out there. Oh, thats CA....do you have something like that there?

253 Posts
I just have a quick question about the logistics of the Tempt Your Fate Game... When a guest picks a "good fate" and they win a prize - do they then have to carry that prize around with them for the rest of the night? I really want to play this game at our party this year, but it seems like it would be a real pain to keep track of your prize - I would like to hear how this has worked out for some of you who have played the game in the past.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
prize question

I don't know how everyone else has done or is doing their game, but this is what we are doing. We printed our truths/dares off the computer. They are about 2" x 3". We are turning face down on the board and tacking a balloon tip to the card. Once the person performs the task, their name will be written on the back of their card and then put into a cauldron for a chance to win. Then at the end of the night we will draw names for the prizes. Obviously, the more tasks you partake in, the more chances you will have to win.

There are lots of other solutions though...search this board for other ideas.
HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts