Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i have to choose, dye my hair green now (in a week's time)and let it wash out, or get a comb in color kit and apply it halloween day.

for temp dye i want to get manic panics green envy
Vampfangs Halloween Superstore - Custom Vampire Fangs
comb and color stuff would be Color Fiend Kelly green
Color Fiend Kelly Green Temporary Comb In Color @ Hottopic.com

now keep in mind that i have bleached blonde hair (for the most part)

pros of temp dye: color fades out, i can dye over it when i'm done with the color, i dont have to worry about it rubbing off and staining anything after the first wash.
cons : i will have to dye my hair before any big holiday to look more appropriate.

Pros comb/color: one day application, washes out
cons: can stain my hair so i have to dye it again anyhow, wont be the right faded look, could rub off and stain clothes and other things.

so i want to know what you guys think about this?
either way i'm gonna end up dyeing my hair after halloween, so i'm leaning to the temp dye; or would the comb/color be better?

*(im ordering the dye stuff on friday or saturday.)*

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
The manic panic is not a temp dye. It is semi-permanet which it will last you 3 to 6 weeks. I have had mine for more than 8 weeks now and it's still good for another 2. trust me on this I'm the dyehard of the month for September.

·
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
semi-permanent, temporary, same diff...

if its not permanent then its temporary no matter how long it lasts, and i intend to dye my hair again after halloween so the terms mean nothing to me at this point.
i've used manic panic before to dye my hair purple. :D

what i need is suggestions on what to use and if my assumptions about the comb in color are correct.

i saw your dyehard thing and congrats :)

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Well I've seen many time times washout colors stain blonde and bleach hair pretty bad. With green it could stain it that gross chlorine green color. I say if your going to dye your hair right after halloween than have fun with manic panic. Comb in colors are usualy gell and will become hard and clunky.

·
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks GD, manic panic it is then ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts