Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have done a thorough job praising stores and voicing our complaints about them when it comes to their efforts and product this Halloween. How about we tell them and keep our fingers crossed for a better merchandise turn out next year? If I do it, it's a drop in the bucket, if we all do it, we may have a collective voice loud enough to get through to those who make decisions concerning merchandise for our favorite time of the year.
I propose we post links of places you can leave feedback to make it easier for the rest of us. Like this:
Target: Target's Customer Feedback — Submit your feedback and ideas to Target's Online Suggestion Box — SuggestionBox.com or Target Store Merchandise : Contact Us : Help : Target
Walmart: Walmart.com - Contact Us
Walgreens: https://www.walgreens.com/contactus/forms.jsp
Halmark: E-Mail Us or Ask a Question..........
Illuminations: Illuminations - Candles - Candle - Scented Candles - Jar Candles - Floating Candles - Aromatherapy Candles
Martha Stewart: Martha Stewart Crafts Customer Service

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
YA know I agree with you wholeheartedly about leaving our remarks but I will tell ya....The other day I ran to the Salisbury Walmart, they still have their fabric dept. intack, my local Walmart is one of the really huge stores & was just built a year ago, & not only was their halloween display a huge disgrace this year but the fabric dept. is all gone now.

When this lady waited on me for fabric in Salisbury I asked her if the employees have any news as to why Walmart discontinued the fabric depts. and she told me......when all the stores get reset (something to that nature) that the fabric depts. will all be gone. She said Walmart is getting rid of all of their service oriented depts., she said it boils down to getting rid of employees.

Whether she was right or wrong I don't know but in this tough economical crunch sure does make sense. I get mad because back when Walmart was doing their ... "hey watch me grow" & attitude across the nation was they were out to run everyone out of business I was one of thoses businesses.....thats back when I had a wholesale bait & tackle business along with a retail bait shop.....ouch.....did i feel the crunch??? you betcha! They were a few blocks from my business.

They came out wanting to lead the nation in retail sales & I guess they still do.....but more & more I'm seeing things , products disappear off their shelves, I was in shock last xmas when I found out they discontinued their layaway program. I say if they want to start opening a chain of stores in Japen - China, southeast Asia.....let them do it.....its where they buy most of the products anyway.

As for the others......I think all businesses right now are feeling the crunch & so decisions are being made by upper management & they are not always in favor of the customers. I won't mention any names but I have a few rather large accts. here in NC who had orders come down from upstairs that they are not to buy anything for a month or so & to move inventory around to keep the shelves full. Funny thing is some of us vendors run into each other & we compared notes on what these stores told us.......apparantly we all got the same line.

SO yes its always good to voice your opinion but sometimes these places are just under someone from the main offices game plan & their hands are tied in making decisions at the store level. Maybe thats why we all saw less of a halloween display in a lot of our stores this year.

Everybody is saying wait till after the election....so once again perhaps they will gear up for xmas, look how much xmas stuff is out already. I think its ridiculous, they act like we are all gonna drop dollar bills at all the stores the minute the election is over. This economical thing is gonna take awhile to come back.

Muf

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally agree about the economy and big businesses not always listening, but I went into a Hallmark and was talking to the cashier about my disappointment in this years gear and she encouraged me to contact them and tell them what I thought. She said one of her customers was looking for a discontinued item and after her emailing them, they brought it back. She seemed pretty confident in the company's willingness to listen to it's customers. I know not all of them are like that, but maybe we can encourage the ones who do.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
How about boycotting those "no employee required" check-outs, too?

Let them know that by getting rid of jobs, they are also losing customers.
you guys have no employeee check out in some stores ???? geez how safe is that that you paid for the right amount or that customer do pay the right amount , how does that thing work and what stores have that ?

here the banks keep telling us when we either go for a deposit or pay bills why dont you use the atm machine to do all your transaction , because if we all did you would be out of your job , what idiots are they promoting to us the atm machines ....

i agree with you guys , we canadians here should group and email feedbacks about the lack of halloween products and variety every year in stores....maybe if they get many feedbacks they will consider doing something the year after .....this past year our canadian dollar as been strong so why the heck didnt the retail stores took advantage of this and ordered more merchandise in from the united states ? now even with our economy being strong and low interest ratesour dollar took a major plunge this week ? go figure .....

but then again i tried the telling the store manager thing at several chain store places this summer about them selling hosta plants contaminated with a virus that cannot be cured and is highly contagious and for all they cared they left the plants on the shelves , a guy that does the ordering at canadian tires even talked with me 30 min to learn more about this virus and get info on it and what those it do etc and he took all the plants off the shelves , the week after i go back and their they wore again .....and now because hey dont care (the big chain stores ) it is now an epidemic in Hosta plants .....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Holy crap I hate those things! Unless the line is SUPER long at the other check outs, I refuse to go through them. Maybe I should make a point to "forget" to scan something. If they are going to work me like an employee, I should get paid like one too, right? What a rotten way to cut cost, we'll just cut out customer service! /rant

·
Registered
650 Posts
you guys have no employeee check out in some stores ???? geez how safe is that that you paid for the right amount or that customer do pay the right amount , how does that thing work and what stores have that ?

Hey witch! Our Wal-Marts have those no employee check out... which I NEVER use! Everyone complains about the lack of cashiers, but they don't realize that each time they go through those self-service check out, they contribute to more cut-backs in staff... Ridiculous..... :rolleyes:

Yeah.......... maybe if we tell the retailers what we think and what we would like it would improve, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.... Nowadays, the general way of thinking is more egoistical, "they" don't care about anything but themselves...... Honestly, I miss the days when a handshake was worth something and that the word trust was an everyday thing...

·
Super Moderator
5,662 Posts

I refuse to use those things.

We had a Kmart here go ALL no-cashier lines, and I walked away from my full cart right there.

That lasted about a year, they now have only cashier checkout.

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
If you take your business back to specialty and small Mom and Pop retailers who's bread and butter is the customer, maybe that will be a way to tell major retailers, "If you wont sell what I want, I will go to someone who will".

I'm willing to spend a few extra bucks to get what I want and not settle for "Made in XXXXX" instead of the US that will break before you even get it home.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I refuse to use those things.

We had a Kmart here go ALL no-cashier lines, and I walked away from my full cart right there.

That lasted about a year, they now have only cashier checkout.
That's so sad. The local wallyworld put those in, but they were always broken :) Never had a chance to get rid of their cashiers, although they are definately cutting back. We now only have 2 cashiers for 20+ checkout lanes...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Anyone else have problems with stores that won't stock Halloween items other than "harvest" decorations and candy? Our local Big Lots simply won't carry the stuff that I want to buy. I drove to another Big Lots and found the skeletons and scary stuff I was expecting. Spoke to an employee there and he said that the buying decisions were made by the store manager and he had heard my complaint about my store from other customers. His comment was "it's the South, what can I say?" Sigh. I guess I should be happy that they have all that non-pagan merchandise that I can turn to my devious purposes.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I thought there was a lot of halloween products and merchandise out this past year. Walmart, kmart, meijer, big lots, dollar store, etc. had plenty to choose from. Kmart always has great discounts the few days after. Other places are 50% off and kmart will be 75% or 80%. I lurve that. I always would like more, but i couldn't complain.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts