Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we've got twins that are seniors, one junior and one freshman in the house. Nobody wants to dress up because that just ain't cool. So, I need some serious ideas. We live in PA and it's usually rainy and cold towards the end of Oct. I'd love to do a walk about because we've got acres to spare but is that cool? The older kids just think I'm lame..lol but the freshman wants it all.. HELP!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
teens

I have a senior, a junior and a freshman...This will be Halloween party #5 this year. I can tell you from past experience, the kids don't really care for the decor, but I do, so we go all out with the decorations. They call it my party not theirs LOL. We normally held two outdoor parties with around 50 kids per party attending, but this year we are combining the party into one since all of the kids are in high school finally. Last year was the first year that costumes were required rather than being optional. We dressed the ones who didn't show up costumes with whatever we could find. We had varsity football players with fairy wings on! The kids loved it, it was all in good sport. We have music and a bonfire, serve mostly nachos and cheese and assorted chocolates. Hot chocolate is a big hit too. But the clincher of it all is the outdoor movie we show. We have a 16' x 9' movie screen that we set up outside in the woods and use a projector to throw a scary movie. The kids love it! By the time school starts, people are already asking if we are having the party again this year and random strangers come up to my kids and ask if they can come.:D I love it! We hang out till around 9:30 and then put the movie in, then afterwards they will listen to music and socialize mostly. We did play a truth or dare game last year, but we don't do many other games, because most teens will think that is lame. By midnight most of the kids have gone home and the stragglers will watch movie #2. We pick the scariest movies that we can show without being to R Rated and at some point during the movie whenever it's appropriate my husband will wander off and sneak attack the kids. Lots of screams!

HTH
Kaye

·
Registered
34 Posts
We are having our 4th annual Halloween Bash this year. Our kids range from 2-16 (we have 5 of them). We combine the party with kids & adults. Our oldest's birthday is in October so we end up making the Halloween party a birthday party for her too so she can invite more even of her friends. The kids love having the party & their friends love coming. Costumes are required. We only had one kid come last year not dressed. But I am going to use the idea of having extra costume stuff laying around for those that don't comply to the rules. Anyway, I have sppoky music playing thru out the house & old scary movies playing on the TV.

Everyone plays halloween "pictionary". I wrote a bunch of halloween words on pieces of paper, broke everyone into teams, had an easel with a pad of paper & sharpie. Everyone has a blast with that game.

I also created a scavenger hunt with clues that rhyme taking them from one room to the next to outside. Each clue took them to the next clue where eventually they ended up finding the treasure of creepy candy.

They also loved playing the mummy wrap game. I broke them up into teams of 3 & had them wrap one of the team members in toilet paper to look like a mummy. The people that weren't playing got to vote on the best mummy. I also had everyone vote on best costumes. I broke it into categories. Best overall, funniest, sexiest, scariest, cutest. They loved winning.

The kids & adults look forward to the party every year. We have more older kids at the party than the younger ones & they all have fun.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun & it lets the teenagers just hang out.
My Halloween party is mostly teenagers & some adults mixed. We do a potluck supper at 6pm with the house all decked out. They can go through the haunted maze, watch scary movies, dance to music, & enjoy the bonfire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the idea of an outdoor movie! Oh, it is a great feeling to have kids come up to me and ask if we are doing our Halloween party this year. All the kids look forward to it and this year it looks like it will be our biggest year ever. I'm just at a loss of ideas because after doing it for six years I think i'm just trying to out do myself since my twins are graduating this year...I want to do something spectacular!.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Dressingup is part of thje deal! so require it at the party and it becomes cool because "everyone is doing it".

·
Registered
668 Posts
I completely agree that if you have everybody wearing costumes then it becomes kewl because everyone's doing it and noone has to be embarrased and if they don't have any do what I'm doing and let them know they will be costumed when they arrive if they aren't already. It's the last year the oldest two will be in school you should encourage them to have a costumed party it will definatly make it more memorable than just the normal teen clothing. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts