Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanna make sure i'm on the right track with my planning. :)

i'm 15, so instead of going tirck-or-treating, i was planning on having a party. which is alright with the 'rents. so, i'm going to invite almost 100 people, [which they've given the OK for]. my problem is, what will i need for that many people? i mean, food wise, decorations, activities/games, etc.

first off, here's the invites, blank, of course;;
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh285/TNgurl4eva/BOOSPOOKTACULARR.jpg

for food, i was thinking of having a bunch of candy, like, as much candy as possible, ordering around 7-8 pizzas [cheese, pepperoni, sausage], and having chips with dip, cookie/dessert trays, veggie platters, and cracker platters, and other appetizers like hot wings, potato skins, and curly fries. for drinks i was just going to put out a bunch of soft drinks, lemonade, mini water bottles, and capri suns/juice boxes. that way there's something for everyone! :)

for decorations, i have a big backyard, which is where the party is being held, so i've decided to go with 2 themes that kind of relate, well, work together... one side of the yard is going to be the "creepy side", with like, cobwebs and random scary decorations. there's going to be a fog machine, and food over there with eyeball plates [haha]. the middle of the yard will be sectioned out, there's a deck there, and that's where most of the food and music system will be set up. the other side of the yeard will be a friendlier, happier halloween. both sides will have a photo area, with hay bales set up so they can have friends take pictures and stuff. i'm just stuck on actual decorations.

as far as activities and games go, there's not gonna be too much going on, most of it will be socializing. however, i go have a few things that will be going on...there's gonna be nerf guns, and soccer balls, and beach balls, and a witch toss game, a candy jar guessing thing, and a mummy wrap relay race. is there anything else that would be fun?

thanks, any help is appreciated ALOT. i just wanted some input...:)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Well the first thing I"d suggest are tranquilizers for your 'rents hahaha They are going to need it!

Second tihng I would suggest is that you do a search for the candy bar that one of the members here made. It was really great and since you want to have a lot of candy it would add some atmosphere!
If you can, you should make the pizza's in halloween style. There are many recipes on the net for halloween pizza's. Basically you make them look like jack o lanterns.
Do a search for bat wings and turn your regular chicken wings into bat wings to add even more creepiness to your food display!
Make your chips tortilla chips and add a creepy green guacomole dip!

Tombstones will creep up your yard quickly and inexpensively!
Throwing some bones and skeletons around will help as well.

Along with the witch toss, you might also want to add a 'body part toss'. Here are instructions:

The Body Part Toss Game | Halloween Alliance

Have fun!

MsM

·
Registered
668 Posts
I was just thinking if you have 7 or 8 pizzas, you have on average 8-10 slices per large pizza (occassionally more depending on where you get it). Let's say that's 10 per pizza you have 80 slices of pizza for about 80 or more guests. I know you're serving other food, but from past experience especially if you're having boys at your party your pizza will probably be the first thing to get finished off so you might want to order a few more. People might end up wanting more than you have even with your other stuff. You also might ask the place you get the pizza from to make the slices smaller in order to make it last longer. It would also be more manageable that way since most of them will be walking around eating and talking. I'm doing a party for my son we will probably have about 50 people. I might gank some of your party ideas since you probably know more what they would like to do than I would.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I'm sure my 14 yo son would love the party you're throwing!! LOL B/c I have learned after letting him have one every Halloween for 5 years now, I do not put out much food anymore! They have set the cheetos on fire...napkins on fire....put pretzels in the punch bowl to watch them swell up....got the marshmellows hot and threw them at each other....you name it, they've done it.

Now, I fix a 5 gallon of koolaid, the kind with the spout at the bottom (so they can't throw anything into the container!), a couple bags of pretzels and couple things of cookies - all the cheapest I can find. When it's gone, it's gone. I wasted $100+ on food the first 2 years, and vowed never again. Heck, 2 weeks ago, a girl in his class, threw a back to school swim party - and her mom bought eggs (smart!) for an egg toss contest - it turned into an all out food fight!! She let them raid her fridge for ice cream, tomotoes, etc....and all the party food! It was outside, but still!!! It was a HUGE mess and the cost!!! All the kids were like, this is BEST PARTY EVER!!!! And I was like, do NOT expect that crap to happen at our house!! LOL

Anyway, when I read your food and drink list, I just saw the money involved and hope your friends are better behaved than my sons! LOL

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
TNgurl4eva,

I just wanted to say "Congratulations" for being 15 & having a party like that! We all know you are gonna grow up to be a great "Haunter"! Good luck with your party & make sure to take your parents out for a nice dinner to tell them how much you appreciate their patience!

Please make sure you post after your party to let us know how things went & pictures...take pictures for us!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts