Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
I suppose this will result in haunts adding another warning label at the gates, though they should all have the same warnings posted that you'd find at any amusement park (and way too many haunts have no warnings hung at all).

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
That is really sad and unfortunate but most if not all attractions always say "If you are pregnant or with a heart condition consult your doctor before entering" or something of that sort.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The story goes that her heart condition was so severe that she wasn't supposed to make it to her first birthday. Her family isn't placing blame and numerous doctors have said she could have even died in her sleep. Maybe the haunted house is plugging to get free advertisement?

·
Registered
353 Posts
This is a local story for me, the media did over sensationalize it, and shortly back tracked. This is so sad indeed, but the media needs to be careful how they cover these kind of stories as to not cause damage to a business that is not reversible. In this area Haunts are closing faster than new ones are opening. :(

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,848 Posts
I have to imagine that the family was aware of her birth defect regarding her lungs, but not the additional stress that would have put on her heart. As a parent, if I knew this, I would never let my kid go on a roller coaster or haunt. I feel terrible for the family.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
On the other hand... if you gotta go, this sure beats dropping dead in the street or in bed.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
More than likely her heart would have stopped no matter what she was doing at the time. Could have just been sitting at home watching TV.

Just like that kid several years ago that died after riding "Mission:Space" at Epcot. The prognosis was he would have died at that same time anyway, no matter what he was doing.
Disney still went and changed the ride over it. For the worse, IMO.

·
Registered
371 Posts
That is sad, but I dunno if I personally would have any qualms with passing in a haunter house. Not that this isn't still sad and serious! Also, what a name on that girl, Christian Faith? Kinda cool, I wonder if her family was very religious.

But yeah, they must have known going into the attraction the risks, the establishment MUST have a sign.

I have epilepsy and am always fully aware that there WILL be strobe lights. But I always take my meds and my friends I go with know of my condition and help me cover my eyes and guide me through the strobe spots. I've never had a previous issue with strobe lights, but you can never be too careful.

I hope her family gets through this! Such a young pretty girl :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts