Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have tips on how to achieve a dried up looking corpse? I know a few corpsing techniques but the end result is more "juicy" & freshly deceased looking. I'm needing more of a dusty, leathery type result. I'm open to any & all suggestions.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I accidentally create exactly the effect you're going for using the thin brown paper they sell to help mask off walls for painting and wood glue slightly watered down. When dry it wrinkles up a bit, has the feel of leathery skin, and it's even waterproof! Easy peasy! Hope it helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would've never thought of the vacuum bag thing, but it's a great idea. The painters sheeting is a good one as well. I'll definitely give both a shot. Combining them could have a great result. Thanks for the killer suggestions. I will post some pics of the results in the next few days.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think the key is in the PAINTING of whatever you use.

If you spray melted black plastic trash bags with a Matte finish in a rattle can and dust with talcum powder before its dry
you might get what you are looking for,

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've had good results with woman's hose, carpet glue, and dark stain. The hose can be stretched over skulls or skeleton and the glue give the hose the dried skin look. You can bunch, crease, fold and tear as it dries. See our results...

image.jpg

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not sure if this was already attempted, but shrink wrap (saran wrap and a hair dryer) on a skeleton. Then stain it a dark brown looks really good. It gives it an old dried out fleshy look. I know this process has been used on many props in this site.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the method I've used most. It's one of my favorites. I think my problem is more in the texture. The plastic tends be smooth & shiny, especially after I add the stain. I can get the dusty, leathery rot I want but it's temporary. Once everything dries & settles I wind up with a very shiny corpse that looks kind of cartoonish.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked up some gel stain & gave it a quick trial last night. It actually made quite a bit of difference. Leathery rot achieved! So thanks for the tip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts