Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that's having issues viewing this forum through Firefox? Seems like it's been fun up until two days ago. I haven't made any updates but did this afternoon to see if that would fix it and still had issues with the site not loading. Anyone else?

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,618 Posts
I have Firefox and I'm fine, and a few others I have talked to have Firefox and have been able to get on fine, too...but I know of a few other people who cannot get on the forum the past couple days, either. Some have Firefox, some have something else, so I don't think that is the issue...

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
It's been a nightmare. I can't get to the site. Can't stay ON the site. I've cleared everything. Done a whole bunch of things.
Even switched from Safari to Chrome.
It's awful. Any ideas?!?!? Any second now, I know I'm going to get booted again. So I don't even know if I will see an answer, but thought I'd take a chance and see if I can post.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,618 Posts
Like I said, it's been happening to people on all different browsers...Safari, Firefox, ect. I have used both Firefox and Chrome with no issues over the past couple days...and even tried my Microsoft Edge and had no issues there, either. No one can figure out what is causing some to be locked out and others not. It's really odd...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Anyone else having issues viewing this forum through Firefox?

I've been on with Firefox, Chrome, and the Android app, and I've had no problems at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was about to post a thread about this. Win10 and yes I'm having issues with FF. I can clear the cookies, etc. It works until I access the site the next day. Edge does work.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Hmm Hilda, I'm on Safari and been on the forum signed in and sometimes not and haven't had any issues in either case.
It just happened suddenly about two days ago. I made all sorts of changes to my MAC. Using a different browswer. I was about to take it to have it checked out, when I saw on FB that a mutual friend posted that she was having same exact problems. Then found this thread. So it must be something related to the site.
I am able, at least for now, to get on if I use a different brower and go 'incognito' every time I want to log in. Which is somewhat of a bother.
I have my fingers crossed it's a temporary glitch. I love this place. Yet, change is inevitable.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,618 Posts
Some of us were wondering if it had to do with a new site owner or something, as well.
I have Windows 10 and no issues getting on, still. It could be what's running on the Win10 for each specific person, though, like was stated. I'll bring that up to others having this issue...it couldn't hurt to check it out! Everything is worth a try!

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I couldn't get in for a couple of days using Chrome. Then the FB button wasn't working from either Chrome or Firefox. I can log in with Firefox now, if I use my password and not the FB button...but I didn't even see the FB button this morning when I logged in.

Actually, I wasn't even aware that the site had been purchased! :) Hopefully fixes are on the way.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,913 Posts
Just an FYI: We have no information whatsoever that the site was even sold and nothing has changed with any of the forum software/hardware at this time that we have been informed about.

The more likely issue is going to be with changes/updates in your individual computer's operating systems.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Any messages when you're getting booted?

Running explorer, chrome, and safari here with no troubles.
Yes. I will go back to Chrome and try it again, although I am really not wanting to. I hadn't been able to get in for a couple of days, until yesterday. And then, I was only able to get in once. Today, I cleared cookies in FF again, and was able to log in with my password. Generally, I had logged in with the FB button prior to that. I did not see the FB button when I logged in today (not that I'd have tried it, because it seems to be broken).

Actually, there have been other times when the FB button wouldn't work. It was there, but I couldn't click it, so I logged in with password. I didn't have other problems during that time.

I don't remember the exact wording of the error message, but it says that there are "too many redirects", and that the page can "never be connected in this manner" (although that second quote is paraphrased, because I don't remember the exact wording.

I'll go back to Chrome to try it again, and I'll note the error message in Word this time, so you'll see exactly what is going on.

The only change to my system this week has been that I imported my FF bookmarks to Chrome, because I planned on switching to Chrome permanently. I really don't think it's our individual systems. There are other glitches within the site too, unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts